U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2009, 09:08 PM

44 posts, read 109,237 times

Advertisements

It seems whenver i mention cleveland to people they say "whats in Cleveland" "nothing goes on there".

is this true?

I am a black female that is into the urban culture.
Is there alot to do in cleveland for children, families, singles, clubs etc?

THANKS

oh yeah, i love comedy spots! Does cleveland have any comdey spots?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 09:34 PM

4,679 posts, read 11,166,445 times
Cleveland is actually a pretty cool city. Have been there a few times, and have always been impressed with what I've discovered.
Of course, what one person may find of interest may not another - everyone's mileage varies Anyhow, check out these for ideas:
Cleveland, OH Local Events - Cleveland.com
Urban League of Greater Cleveland (http://www.ulcleveland.org/main/newsevents.html - broken link)
Cleveland Calendar of Events: Plugged In Cleveland
Cleveland Ohio Calendar of Events, Major Events Calendar, Things to Do

Old 08-02-2009, 09:45 PM

3,891 posts, read 6,208,157 times
Cleveland's kind of a fooler, because if you've never been there before, at first glance when you arrive in town it doesn't look like a city where very much is going on. But the truth is that Cleveland has tons of stuff to do, much more than many other cities its size, and rivaling much larger cities. In books like the Places Rated Almanac, for example, Cleveland always ranks near the top in areas such as the arts, entertainment, and recreation.

And, to answer your question, I've been to several comedy clubs in Cleveland and always had a good time at those. I haven't lived in town for some years, however, so I don't know where the most current spots are... I'll let someone else answer that.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:53 PM

7 posts, read 19,577 times
Hilarities on East 4th is a great comedy club - they get all the major celebrity acts as well as no-namers from across the country. The East 4th/Euclid neighborhood is up and coming and has lots to do. PRetty soon it'll probably overtake the warehouse district as the new entertainment hub.

The Improv on the west bank of the flats is also a good comedy club but no one really goes over to that part of town anymore.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:22 AM

3,844 posts, read 8,353,029 times
I've been posting a lot in th "Cleveland Events" thread Check it out:

Cleveland Summer Events!

Comedy Clubs, check out Pickwick and Frolic and Cleveland Improv.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:31 PM

12,716 posts, read 14,835,995 times
Don't forget the Clevlenad Improv Institue, guys.

Cleveland Improv Institute

Old 08-05-2009, 07:04 PM

2,786 posts, read 5,937,823 times
Cleveland is a city blessed with world class cultural attractions. "Don't judge a book by its cover."

Cleveland is extremely underrated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland