Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 11:26 PM

708 posts, read 1,814,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citydudeallover View Post
A Red Barn commercial OMG . I can really say I do not remember them.
But of course I have a memory , My Mom and her friend Sharon would
often ask me to walk from the St. Lukes Hospital Area to East 116th and Buckeye Road to get Onion Rings ,Yes that right only Onion Rings !
Once we moved west I was happy that my new neighborhood had one
On Broadview and Spring Roads, were I ate thier chicken for the first time and an order of Onion Rings all for myself.
(the building and sign still stands, now operates as a Family Style Restaurant )
Thanks Lisa !

I use to love this place
[/quote]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 12:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,745 times
• euclid beach
• the geranium room; the silver grille
• mr. jingaling
• capt penney
• miss barbara and romper room
• sterling lindner's christmas tree
• art classes on saturday afternoons at the museum
• rock bands in the basement of higbee's at public square on saturday afternoons, featuring "terry knight and the pack" (later became grand funk railroad), "the grasshoppers" and "the mixed emotions", with ben orzechowski-- "benny 11 letters" (later "ben orr" of "the cars".)
• "diamond's" restaurant at severance
• the original cleveland agora
• the piccadilly inn
• studio b
• cooper school of art

Old 05-03-2011, 08:47 AM

420 posts, read 1,041,628 times
Default One More

Summer Time City of Cleveland Parks Art in the Park program

arts and crafts within the city playgrounds . Mine was at Shaker Blvd. and East 121st Street.

[quote=zephyrshaw;18992177]• euclid beach
• art classes on saturday afternoons at the museum

Last edited by citydudeallover; 05-03-2011 at 09:20 AM..

Old 05-03-2011, 04:38 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
• "diamond's" restaurant at severance

I haven't thought about that in years. Thanks for the memory.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,697 times
Academic Challenge
Wolfman Jack
The Ghoul

Old 05-11-2011, 02:39 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
I still have a blue stained glass bunny I made at one of those art museum classes. Of course, most people don't know it's a bunny anymore since the ears long ago fell off. But I still love it.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,573 times
Default The good old days in Cleveland

How about Robert Hall?
Spartan Atlantic ( or just Spartans?)
Royal Castle?
Joe Norban?

Old 05-30-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhocevar View Post
How about Robert Hall?
Spartan Atlantic ( or just Spartans?)
Royal Castle?
Joe Norban?
Wow!!!! talk about a blast from the past, lololol....my mom shopped for me at these stores all the time

Old 05-30-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa12230 View Post
Wow!!!! talk about a blast from the past, lololol....my mom shopped for me at these stores all the time

YouTube - ‪Robert Hall Clothes Commercial Store Best Video RARE‬‏

Old 06-05-2011, 06:14 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,913,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdfo View Post
Earth By April restaurant was on Lee Rd at the corner of Cedar Rd.

Glen Schwartz was lead guitar with the James Gang. He quit and was replaced by some kid, who later joined The Eagles. (LOL) There was a local band called 'the tree stumps' and another called
'mothers oats'.

In the '60 s there were Hulaballo Clubs.

There was an ice cream joint on the east side called Draegers, made their own hot fudge.

The Gene Carroll show was on Sundays. Dell Spitzer wanted to sell you a car, right now.

When McDonalds first opened in Cleveland you could feed a whole family for $5.00

Ron Penfound,alias Captain Penny got fired after appearing drunk on the set and cussing out some of the kids in the live audience.
If you wanted a bigger burger you went to MANNERS and had a Manners BigBoy and they had pretty good strawberry pie.

I have seen mentioned the Westside Market, is that the old West 25th Street Market?
Great hippie-era memories, gdfo.

Way back when, the Barking Spider (cultural center of the universe) was the Olive Tree. John Deutschendorf (later called John Denver) was among those who dropped by and listened to the late John Bassette. My wife recently noticed the similarity in their styles.

The grungy veg restaurant Genesis 1:29 in East Cleveland...

Eli Radish, proto-jangle pop band featuring, of all, people, David Allan Coe from Akron, and Danny Sheridan, later of Overland Vegetable Stagecoach, as the leader.

Daryl and Jennifer - young folkies extraordinaire. If anyone remembers them, or knows anything about them, please post here.

Country-rock greatness at the Greenville in Chagrin Falls.

Make-out sessions with whoever would cooperate at the waterfall off Old Mill Road in Gates Mills. (Went back and couldn't find it. Where is it?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland