U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-26-2009, 05:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,391 times

Advertisements

I am a young professional male (23 yrs.) originally from Michigan, and have lived and worked in downtown Cleveland for the past year. The big city life is not for me. I am far from family and friends and need to develop new relationships and find a place to call home. I will be renting for the time being. I would like the town to have a town center near a golf course, a park with hiking/running paths, community festivals/events, places to hang out to meet other young professionals. Is there such a place within 1/2 hr drive of Cleveland??
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 06:50 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,402,284 times
Sure there is!

Try Beachwood, Kirtland, Avon, Aurora, Hudson, Peninsula, or Rocky River for more up-market (unsure about Kirtland for being up-market, but it has amazing recreational opportunities).

I'm assuming you want more up-market due to your golf course request (country club membership, perhaps? Unfortunately, I know nothing about country clubs)

Old 08-26-2009, 08:04 PM

78 posts, read 143,314 times
Westlake has Crocker Park for shopping/dining, and city parks and recreation center, Lakewood Country club, and it is close to I-90 for driving downtown. Lots of young professionals as well as families, since there is an excellent school system.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:14 PM

24 posts, read 34,469 times
Check out Brecksville. The TowPath trail is nearby for hiking and biking, as well as the Brecksville Reservation in the Cleveland Metroparks. The downtown area is quaint and has local shopping. There are two golf courses, an amazing community/recreation center, local theater, art classes (Brecksville Center for the Arts) and more.

Old 08-29-2009, 03:17 PM

6,108 posts, read 6,190,382 times
I would suggest Northeastern Lakewood or the Clifton Blvd, Lake Rd area on the Westside of Cleveland proper.
So many events in that area, you'll be hard pressed to decide what to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland