Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 10:11 PM

36 posts, read 113,960 times

Advertisements

I lived in euclid 6 years ago and it has really changed. I live in Utah now and once and a while think of moving back because family is still there, parents getting old. We would be looking for a small farm, but need to work. I work in the medical field and my hubby is a salesman. How is Cleveland now? Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 11:20 PM

980 posts, read 1,146,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermountain Dog View Post
I lived in euclid 6 years ago and it has really changed. I live in Utah now and once and a while think of moving back because family is still there, parents getting old. We would be looking for a small farm, but need to work. I work in the medical field and my hubby is a salesman. How is Cleveland now? Any recommendations?
The surrounding countryside of Cleveland is still nice. Although, I assume you would move outside of Cuyahoga County and don't mind the commute. Farms are cheaper than ever, taxes in the townships are low, well water is free and so is cow's milk. West Lorain County seems nice and you've got The Turnpike, I-90 and 480 to come into town. The drive in on most of I-90 is very nice. Although, The Near West Side has gone all Third World and the innerbelt seems crappy (like, gee I wish they would just replace this hunk of junk; ain't gonna happen). Medical job market seems fine, but as for sales If you can work in the burbs, that seems ideal, but commuting downtown is still doable. Euclid Corridor is no fun. I suggest avoiding that white elephant like the plague. Still, there are other ways to get to The Clinic.

All in all, I think you'd miss Utah, but taking care of old parents seems like it would be worth the sacrifice.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:39 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,769,143 times
Live in Summit, Wayne or Medina County...forget Cleveland. Euclid is an armpit cesspool...not what it once was...If you live/work in Summit or Medina county, and if you really need to go to Cleveland, you can make a day trip for entertainment there.

Akron is coming into it's own in the medical field...lots of hospitals...hell you can get a small farm east in Portage county.

Old 09-19-2009, 02:00 PM

420 posts, read 1,042,151 times
That is it people, explain to me your daily lives, what makes a place a cesspool ?
I still don't like the the name chef boy---- unless you are that family ? ! and as far as that hunk of junk , that's the State of Ohio's Problem , and failure , not the city's
Forget Akron , who wants to walk all those hills, and drive all those one way streets,
Express my self I will ,

Old 09-19-2009, 02:24 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,283,509 times
I was going to respond before, but they said they want farmland...which I don't know anything about. Look in surrounding counties on the east side, due to the proximity to the medical hubs in NEO.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:17 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,862,399 times
Look around the Chardon-ish area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland