Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 08:46 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times

Advertisements

Even though Cleveland has a ton of gang and drug related murders it still has a lot of murders that have nothing to do with gangs and drugs. Cleveland probably has a lot higher rate of murders that happen to innocent people then most other major cities do. The 3 or 4 people who were killed at one time on the 4th of July were pretty much innocent and definitely didnt deserve to die. Cookie Thomas the little girl, and the teenage girl that was stabbed to death for no reason, and not to mention all the other innocent people who were murdered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 09:42 PM

Also the murder count is now 126, after a 30 year old woman was killed at 72nd St. and N Marginal Rd. yesterday. That is right in Gordon Park, I forgot all about Gordon park and how bad it has been in the past.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:19 PM

570 posts, read 1,820,112 times
Wow, it's at 126 now?! I'm scared to see what is going to happen in the next three weeks.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:29 PM

Default 128 murders

The new number is 128 after there was a murder yesterday and this morning on Detroit Ave. It looks like we will probably pass 135 murders this year in Cleveland. Its really bad, they are finding dead bodies all over the city. They found a body on E 76th st, E 72nd st., E 156th st., and a couple more locations over the past month. There has also been a lot of other crimes, rapes, etc. its horrible to see how bad the city is. Hopefully next year well have less crime.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:35 PM

Default 131 murders

As of December 9, 2007 there have been 131 murders in Cleveland so far this year. There has been 3 more murders in Cleveland in the last 36 hours. If there is 5 more murders this year then we will pass the 135 we had back in 1995.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:51 PM

33 posts, read 167,726 times
Man. I hope this can stop. Where did the last 3 homicides take place?

Old 12-11-2007, 01:41 PM

570 posts, read 1,820,112 times
Wow, and the 135 homicides was 12 years ago. I hope it doesn't get to that point, but there is still over 2 weeks left in the year and anything can happen in one day.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:53 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,591,433 times
You can't always assume homicides are going to be drug- or gang-related though. Just look at Omaha as an example of that. Middle-class white shoppers in what many feel is a "wholesome" city were gunned down while Christmas shopping. In Arvada, an upscale suburb of Denver, two sisters were gunned down at a youth ministry camp. In Colorado Springs two more were murdered outside of a mega-church. In quiet suburban Lancaster County, PA last year a bunch of young Amish school girls were lined up in their one-room school house and shot in the head. In Littleton, Colorado we saw Columbine. We also have Virginia Tech and the Beltway Snipers in suburban D.C. An off-duty police officer in Philadelphia was shot in the head while entering a donut shop during a robbery.

You could just be walking to your car in Parma and be gunned down by some mental case who just lost his job at Wal-Mart and wanted to end his life by taking others down with him. There's just no guarantee anymore that living a morally clean life will excuse you from murder. I'm fortunate that I live in an area where we have perhaps just one murder per month in an area of 600,000. However, there are such things as "collateral damage" in our larger cities, including Cleveland. If you think uneducated gangsta trash thugs targeting other uneducated gangsta trash thugs isn't a big deal, then you better just hope you don't end up like the boy in Philadelphia who was killed while riding his bike through gang crossfire.

As long as teen wedlock pregnancy, violent gangsta rappers, the glorification of violence, etc. are indoctrinated into our inner-city minority youths, NOTHING will improve. Why so many of you are blaming the mayor for the fault of society at-large is beyond me? Crime is up EVERYWHERE in America, and since President Bush has now bankrupted our nation with his Iraq quagmire, we don't have Federal funding available to help improve police protection in our major cities.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:19 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,652,142 times
Yeah,Cleveland is definetly having a rough year,and I think there is going to be more rough years too,but Cleveland can make a turnaround.Look at cities like Washington DC and New York City,during the crack epedemic years,those cities had murder totals of more than 400 and 1,800,in fact I think NYC had more than 2,000 one year.But now Washington DC has recorded less than 200 for a couple years,and NYC less than 600 for a couple years.Now yeah theres still bad areas in those cities,but the crime is definetly being reduced.And for a while Cleveland was recording less than 80 murders every year,now I know the last 3-4 years have been really rough,but it can turn around.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:42 PM

I heard on a couple different reports that crime was only up in the midwest. Crime has gone down in the NE and the West and even the south. and it wasnt like Cleveland was a good city before the recent increase in homicides. Cleveland has always been in the top 25 most dangerous cities, probably since 1970. And as far as that mall shooting in Oklahoma its really sad to see. But noone was paying attention to Cleveland on the 4th of July when 6 people were killed and they said they had 19 seperate shootings that night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland