Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2009, 11:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,455 times

Advertisements

What are some of the things that you look for when deciding on a city to move to? (Ex: crime, jobs, etc..)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 08:32 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,368,072 times
weather
cleanliness
positive growth in population
people w/positive outlook and perception of city
low crime, would definately find neighborhood w/zero crime
politics that slant toward my beliefs
I like transient nature
decent size population
I like to live within 25/30 minutes of downtown
Downtown with some reason top visit
closeness to other cities and attractions
airport, direct flights
average age of population, prefer younger vs. and aging population
positive financial outlook of city
diversity in the business in the city would be good
Pro sports, especially NFL
look for good k-12 schools and college choices in the state
Like neighborhoods with lots of ammenities

Old 12-26-2009, 07:30 PM

5,496 posts, read 9,433,130 times
Quality of public transit.

Quality of architecture, historic and/or modern. My physical environment is important to me.

Affordability. Sure, my salary could be doubled if I moved to Manhattan from Youngstown. But that would still only get me a closet sized apartment.

If I find these three qualities in a city, I would then persue job opportunities. If there are none, then I won't be moving there.

I'm probably forgetting some things, but these items are the first that come to mind.

Old 12-26-2009, 10:24 PM

420 posts, read 1,036,893 times
Default Cleveland still got it

I do not want to put ohio city against ohio city , but Cleveand has what u
say is important ,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
Quality of public transit.

Quality of architecture, historic and/or modern. My physical environment is important to me.

Affordability. Sure, my salary could be doubled if I moved to Manhattan from Youngstown. But that would still only get me a closet sized apartment.

If I find these three qualities in a city, I would then persue job opportunities. If there are none, then I won't be moving there.

I'm probably forgetting some things, but these items are the first that come to mind.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:46 AM

5,496 posts, read 9,433,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydudeallover View Post
I do not want to put ohio city against ohio city , but Cleveand has what u
say is important ,
You're right. But it's not the only city in Ohio that does.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:25 PM

4,068 posts, read 7,264,844 times
Walkability. Reliable and comprehensive public transit. So I can do without a car if I choose and still have a full life and not feel like a second-class citizen.

Vibrancy. Bustle. Population density high enough to support lots of cultural, recreational, shopping and entertainment amenities within a compact area.

A true cosmopolitan feel. Diversity, tolerance. A place where people from many different ethnic backgrounds have migrated into the area, each contributing its own special "flavor".

Lots of urban neighborhoods in good, healthy condition... where people who are strivers and successful choose to live.

Inspiring architecture. Adequate park space... important because it brings a little bit of nature into the city to offset the concrete, etc.

A city that has enough within its borders so that there's not much reason to travel to the suburbs for anything.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:18 AM

16,453 posts, read 19,469,725 times
Jobs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland