Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 04:43 PM

1,522 posts, read 2,999,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
Shaker Heights, Beachwood, Orange, Pepper Pike, maybe Solon a bit...
I'll toss in the Copley and Fairlawn areas since we're touching on Summit County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 11:30 AM

2 posts, read 8,009 times
I would recommend moving to space. There,you don't have to worry about dealing with ghetto folks or "white trash". Whatever the case,you're not going to find any place that doesn't negatively influence your children because America has been ruined by the urban,hip hop-rap garbage that almost all American children pollute thier brains with. Didn't you know it's cool to rob,sell drugs,womanize and pretty much do whatever is necessary to attain money and a thuggish reputation? It has so saturated civilization that there are almost no civilized people left. By the time I'm old the young people now will have destroyed everything that defined generations before us. There is coming a time when there will be no diversity. Only zombie-like people being led astray by the urban lifestyle and the ideas it supports.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:29 PM

5,976 posts, read 13,115,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewLew View Post

Beachwood is very nice, but not that diverse. While you'll have lots of affluent folks, you don't find many blacks there. Its a predominantly Jewish area...so I'm not sure your children would enjoy the lack of diversity. However, its not a snubby area, so you wouldn't feel unwelcome....you just wouldn't blend.
You may like Woodmere (right next to Beachwood) but it may be too black for you and not diverse enough.
Twinsburg and Macedonia and great choices, but not extremely liberal towns. Less "affluency" and more "good, hardworking, honest people"...might remind you too much of Cincy.

Good luck in your move. I don't think you would regret moving to Cleveland. Lots and lots of arts and culture for children...which helps with what you are seeking in their overall education. (its not just about the school, but the resources and culture offered in an area)
Actually, while this maybe just be one person, I have a friend of mine here in LA, that is mixed race (Black and white, very pretty too) who grew up in Beachwood.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:43 PM

5,976 posts, read 13,115,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strykerqace View Post
I would recommend moving to space. There,you don't have to worry about dealing with ghetto folks or "white trash". Whatever the case,you're not going to find any place that doesn't negatively influence your children because America has been ruined by the urban,hip hop-rap garbage that almost all American children pollute thier brains with. Didn't you know it's cool to rob,sell drugs,womanize and pretty much do whatever is necessary to attain money and a thuggish reputation? It has so saturated civilization that there are almost no civilized people left. By the time I'm old the young people now will have destroyed everything that defined generations before us. There is coming a time when there will be no diversity. Only zombie-like people being led astray by the urban lifestyle and the ideas it supports.
They said the same thing about jazz in the 1920s.

I'd rather take todays "urban culture" for whatever warts it has, than the ideologies that were fermenting in Europe in the 1920s that nearly destroyed the world. Those were thugs that actually were destructive.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:32 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,535,125 times
Quote:
Sure there's negative influence, but any suburban raised child with half a brain is going to be able to think for themselves and realize that ghetto trash ideals is not the way to respect. There's enough positive roll models (teacher's, coaches, sometimes parents) to help them through all that. I grew up listening to all of this gangster rap that you speak of. NWA, 2pac, Notorious B.I.G....all of it. I was one of those annoying teens with the loud sound system that would rumble your home as I drove by. Everyone goes through their defiant stage. It wasn't hard to discern bull**** from real life though. I think I turned out just fine with a college degree in chemistry and a six-figure salary. I came to realize that listening to things that attempt to pollute my mind only enhanced my intelligence by being able to compare those messages against ideas and viewpoints that were present in real life.

I'd attribute the lack of civilized America in part to our liberal media that preaches that everyone should be entitled to everything and led to believe that the government will take care of all of your needs.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:32 PM

19 posts, read 81,435 times
one most affluent black in recent Cleveland history was a business man named
Herman "Scatter" Stephens.
He owned a very successful BBQ joint, various real estate ventures and a vending machine business.
what is curious about the vending machine business is that at that time,the vending machine business
was controlled by Cleveland mafia don John Scalish.
Buckeye Cigarette was located at E.20th and St.Clair in a very plain building.
"Scatter" also was known for moving larger amounts of heroin into Cleveland and the influence
for Ron O Neal's character in "Superfly"
but one evening in 1967 he felled by a assassin's bullet in his vending business.
who killed him is anyones guess. But its possible he didn't give in to kicking a % up to the guys at Murray Hill and it cost him.
Scatter was a man ahead of his time in many aspects.
He had a car phone in his Cadillac way back in the late 50's.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:34 AM

2 posts, read 8,009 times
All that being said,we can all agree that the vast majority of kids these days don't even have the guidence or education that you speak of in order to be able to use the crap music and culture of the urban lifestyle as a measuring stick against their own values and morals. They just donthave values or morals. They are let to run amok and revel in the ideas of fast,easy money whilst being completely oblivious of the impact their chosen lifestyles on the rest of responsible society. You may be a chemist and make six figures a year but that is an acception to the rule. Not a good statistic compared to all the thousands of individuals who've run in your race and failed. Look around and see what our city is made up of and evaluate without prejudice the state of it and tell me that the urban culture(which is exclusively black)is a healthy environment and conducive to a thriving society.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:36 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
Quote:
All that being said,we can all agree that the vast majority of kids these days don't even have the guidence or education that you speak of in order to be able to use the crap music and culture of the urban lifestyle as a measuring stick against their own values and morals. They just donthave values or morals. They are let to run amok and revel in the ideas of fast,easy money whilst being completely oblivious of the impact their chosen lifestyles on the rest of responsible society. You may be a chemist and make six figures a year but that is an acception to the rule. Not a good statistic compared to all the thousands of individuals who've run in your race and failed. Look around and see what our city is made up of and evaluate without prejudice the state of it and tell me that the urban culture(which is exclusively black)is a healthy environment and conducive to a thriving society.
Where are these chemist jobs that get you 6 figures per year?

Old 01-26-2013, 10:54 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,915,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
I'd rather take todays "urban culture" for whatever warts it has, than the ideologies that were fermenting in Europe in the 1920s that nearly destroyed the world. Those were thugs that actually were destructive.
Those aren't the only two choices.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:14 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,915,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Where are these chemist jobs that get you 6 figures per year?
Pharmacist Salary - Salary.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland