Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 12:03 AM

2 posts, read 5,060 times

Advertisements

So I am relocating to Cleveland for work and am looking for a good area to live in. These are my thoughts on where I would like to live:

1) I want to settle in an area that is very pedestrain friendly. I'd like to be able to walk to the grocercy store, bank, restaurants, coffee shops, etc.

2) I'd also like it to be close to the RTA rail line for a quick trip downtown.

3) Im just out of college and want a place that is good for young professionals.

4) Loft style apartments would be a perk

Is there anywhere in Cleveland that is like this??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 12:04 AM

2 posts, read 5,060 times
I've been reading that the Shaker Heights/ Shaker Square area is good. Does this have what I am looking for?

Old 02-13-2010, 09:29 AM

50 posts, read 169,216 times
Yes, that is among the best bets for what you describe. Also consider Cleveland Heights.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:54 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,279,817 times
I'm actually going to repost the something I wrote yesterday from a similar question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
Fitness Center may be the trickest, but I'm guessing finding units with washer/dryer should be no problem. If you don't mind a drive 5 min up the road, Cleveland State University has built a new fitness center, and it is VERY affordable. Recreation Center - Cleveland State University

With those amenities that I'd recommend:

DOWNTOWN: 668 Euclid Ave Welcome | The Residences at 668 - Apartments in Cleveland washer and dryer (brand new two-story fitness center downstairs...completed May or June this year)

SHAKER SQUARE: I found this..kind of what you are looking for : Newly renovated apartments! Near Shaker Square! - Cleveland - Houses - Apartments for Rent

COVENTRY: Another one I found Newly Remodeled Coventry Apartment. Beautiful, Clean, and Spacious - cleveland apartments for rent - backpage.com

LITTLE ITALY: I've seen houses in Little Italy that come with washer and dryers...unfortunitely LI does not usually list apartments online (meaning...you have to look for "For Rent" signs)

TREMONT: Fitness center AND washer and dryer: Tremont Place Lofts, Cleveland Ohio Apartments

This might also be a good website too: Apartments for rent tremont, ohio, Houses for Rent in Cleveland

HOPE THIS HELPED!! GOOD LUCK!

Old 02-13-2010, 09:57 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,279,817 times
Shaker Sqaure, Tremont, Ohio City (by West Side Market), Coventry, Little Italy, Lakewood, Downtown (E. 4th area mostly), and part of Shaker Heights and Cleveland Hts could work for you.

Sorry to throw so much at you! How familiar are you with Cleveland?

Old 02-13-2010, 10:29 AM

338 posts, read 559,394 times
I would like to suggest two more criteria for your list of 4). Safety and make it 1). And 2)

Old 02-14-2010, 07:00 PM

What are you saying? Many of the above suggestions are for quite safe areas.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:02 PM

To the original poster, where would you be coming from? That might help put suggestions in familiar terms.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:58 AM

114 posts, read 305,673 times
Based on your criteria, Shaker Heights/Square is good for everything except for the loft apartments. I can't recall seeing loft apartments in Shaker Height, but I never looked.

I don't think Cleveland Heights has a RTA RAIL line near any place you'd really want to live (and also satisfy the other requirements).

Ohio City might also have what you're looking for, but I'm not as familiar with that area.

-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJenni View Post
So I am relocating to Cleveland for work and am looking for a good area to live in. These are my thoughts on where I would like to live:

1) I want to settle in an area that is very pedestrain friendly. I'd like to be able to walk to the grocercy store, bank, restaurants, coffee shops, etc.

2) I'd also like it to be close to the RTA rail line for a quick trip downtown.

3) Im just out of college and want a place that is good for young professionals.

4) Loft style apartments would be a perk

Is there anywhere in Cleveland that is like this??

Old 02-16-2010, 03:25 AM

50 posts, read 109,921 times
This sounds like parts of Lakewood to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland