Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 05:17 PM

258 posts, read 667,184 times

Advertisements

Considering a move back to Cleveland area. Originally from Chagrin Falls, and DH and I would like to rent first to make sure we actually want to stay there permanently.

Can anyone advise as to the best way to find a good home to rent...? Have looked at craigslist and a few realtor sites... wondering if anyone knows of a better way? We'd be interested in areas like Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights, University Heights. Possibly Chagrin or farther out as well.

Also, is the area being hit hard by foreclosures? DH is saying he thinks that it is, and that this is also a good reason not to buy there right now. Can anyone provide input on that?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 07:31 PM

97 posts, read 250,179 times
You can try cleveland.com for the greater Cleveland area. Unfortunately, the area has been hit really hard with the economic downturn If you plan on staying in the same area at least 5 years, you could find some great deals out there. If not, I'd say renting is your best choice.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:24 AM

39 posts, read 160,695 times
cleveland.craigslist.org

Old 03-01-2010, 11:30 AM

7 posts, read 19,576 times
I am a realtor in cleveland. My office is Downtown, I live on the West Side and Im from the East Side. I know many of the neighborhoods in the city and as far as buying goes...if you are able, this is the best time to do so in recent history. There are a lot of cool areas in and around Cleveland and if you're still looking, I would love to help. My contact info is in my profile. Email, call or text me.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:04 PM

4 posts, read 34,027 times
I'm moving to Cleveland Ohio. I am so afraid of a lot of snow. It's the snow capital. My employer is located in Bedford Ohio 44146. I do not know if this is the east side or the west side. I would like to live close to work to avoid all the snow. Could someone please tell me a good area close to this area? I want to live in an apartment or rent a house first. I have no ideal how to start this journey. Not sure about realtor in the area. Please help.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:56 AM

53 posts, read 113,408 times
To the original poster all those areas are nice but it depends if you need the school system which will help your decision. Also where you will be working and if you prefer o be near the highway. Foreclosure are here but it's not the extreme homes in desirable areas are still selling. I'm in shaker and can give you info about it. I've lived in Cleveland hts and university hts. All 3 areas are culturally diverse. Chagrin fall is so different from the 3. Let us know what you are looking for and I can help.

Dwallace2 if you are working in Bedford renting in bedford or Bedford hts Which is on the east side should be easy. Don't be afraid of the snow every winter is different. We barely had a winter this past year. As long as you are not trying to drive a sports car and dress for the wheather you should be fine. Not all areas of Cleveland gets hit with extreme amounts of snow. Others posters that live in Bedford can give you a better idea.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:36 PM

5 posts, read 10,831 times
hello, I am a single woman relocating to Bedford, Ohio. I need a 2 bedroom apartment approx. 800 square feet with patio , buzz in apartment, security.. one apt. has me on a waiting list. any and all help is appreciated. I am staying with family. I have a job at Cleveland clinic south pointe.

Old 01-09-2014, 05:33 AM

750 posts, read 1,065,169 times
We are planning to move to Medina soon. Due to the short time, I called a real estate company in the city and got set up to visit houses for rent this weekend. There are only 4 houses in the area that fit us. All 4 are showing on Zillow and just 2 of them are on craigslist. So, I would say Zillow is probably a good source, just make sure you have only the "houses for rent" search enabled. I personally prefer renting through a real estate company instead of dealing directly with owners posting on craigslist, I found it safer that way.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 917 times
I planning to move to Cleveland just for a 1 weeks
For a seminar at Saint Clair Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44117...
any one can tell me is I can get a roomate for one weeks in any areas where I can get easily to the place????

Old 06-17-2016, 05:01 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,317,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peniel View Post
I planning to move to Cleveland just for a 1 weeks
For a seminar at Saint Clair Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44117...
any one can tell me is I can get a roomate for one weeks in any areas where I can get easily to the place????
Have you tried Airbnb?

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Cleveland?z...s_tag=Z6chrZEE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland