Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 11:29 PM

5,024 posts, read 5,663,312 times

Advertisements

Very true, he has developed quite well. As per chances, Vegas had already released Game 3 line before Kyrie injury at Cleveland -2.5 on the open, it moved to -1.5 with the injury. Cleveland listed as -1 on the open for Game 4, but I'm pretty sure that spread was released before tonight's outcome, which very few anticipated, nor were many aware of just how good Dellavedova is at defense. Good news (I think?) is that LeBron can shoot better, Thompson went scoreless, and Iman and JR don't look comfortable quite yet/can certainly play better. So there's room for improvement for us, even if there also is for GSW. I'd tend to think that in my still somewhat cautiously optimistic stance, that the line should be somewhere more along the lines of Cleveland -3 (3 point favorites) and that we have about a 60% chance of winning Game 3, Game 4 and Game 6 at home (but not all at once, of course). As tonight showed, lines aren't everything as GSW was -7.5 coming in.

.6 x .6 x 6 gives us a 21.6 percent chance of winning 3, 4 and 6 to clinch. Now our odds of winning series are higher than that for several reasons, but if that isn't fate, I don't know what is.

Last edited by theurbanfiles; 06-07-2015 at 11:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 02:23 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,423,272 times
Sickening:

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/6/7/874...doing-anything

The end of regulation in Game 2 was again was an example of pathetic NBA officiating.

LBJ clearly was hacked by Iguodala on a shot right in front of a ref, then Green clobbers LBJ with both arms on a jump ball (the above replay doesn't show that Green had his left hand on LBJ's right shoulder)! Blind refs or deliberate no-calls? Cheers for ABC for showing the replays of these pathetic officiating failures.

Both Iguodala, Oakland's designated defender on LBJ, and Green, should have both fouled out of the game on those fouls. Iguodala's foul was egregious and patently obvious and it's inexplicable how even a high school ref would have missed that call.

Hopefully, the NBA will be all over their officials to get their act together, but I doubt it. Repeatedly, the NBA officiating demonstrates that it pales against MLB and the NFL.

The key to this series is obvious. Can LBJ stay healthy for the rest of the series.

Cleveland shot only 32 percent from the field. That should be the nadir.

This series remains too close to call, but hopefully the Cavs will benefit from some home cooking. They need to hold home court advantage to put themselves in the driver's seat in this series.

Game 3 will be the most important and interesting game of the series because both teams will make adjustments and put their best strategies on the floor.

Hopefully, the NBA will figure out a way to provide officiating worthy of the basketball talent on the floor.

Officiating is why I dislike the pro game. If Cleveland had lost this game, it would have tainted the NBA once again from my standpoint.

Who couldn't be impressed with Dellavedova's game-ending chomps? If only he could hit 45 percent of his wide open 3-pointers.

Last edited by WRnative; 06-08-2015 at 03:31 AM..

Old 06-08-2015, 05:20 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,434,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
Well, I'm sure glad you didn't go to extremes or anything...

Accept a compliment for the game and relax.
Watch the game. Cavs clearly a better team last night and the majority of game 1.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:22 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,390,912 times
They picked the wrong MVP, no doubt LJ is the man

Old 06-08-2015, 07:04 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,373,416 times
I think Mozgov was key. The warriors weakness was exposed in game 2. They have no one to matchup against his athletic 7'2" presence in the paint.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:24 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,534,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
I think Mozgov was key. The warriors weakness was exposed in game 2. They have no one to matchup against his athletic 7'2" presence in the paint.
They didn't play him in 4 qtr or OT because warriors went small and Tristan can make the switch better on the picks. What I would like to see is consistency with the refs. This whole not calling the foul because Lebron traveled on the play is just stupid. Make the correct call instead of resorting to a no call due to a travel that should have been called.

It was hilarious watching Curry get shut down and only shoot 5-23. MVP hahahahaha....

Old 06-08-2015, 09:31 AM

4,520 posts, read 5,093,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
Absolutely, neither Bogut, Green or Ezeli have been unable to stop Moz. I was disappointed that Blatt had him out when Golden State made that late run was employing hack-a-Tristan. Mozgov had been shooting FTs poorly earlier in the game, but he's a much better FT shooter than Tristan so Kerr probably would not have used that off-the-ball fouling strategy. Kerr was desperate.

Old 06-08-2015, 11:12 AM

5,024 posts, read 5,663,312 times
Spotlight on Cleveland: How the city plans to shine while the world watches the Cavaliers | cleveland.com

Old 06-08-2015, 01:00 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,534,977 times
Here's the play in slow motion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfC0wtxL7go

Clearly a travel, but also a no call on the foul.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:14 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,091,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Watch the game. Cavs clearly a better team last night and the majority of game 1.
Do you read? I was AT Game 1. I even picked Cleveland on national radio to win the series prior to Kyrie's injury. I couldn't be more elated at what's happening. I would use the words: cautious and optimism. We haven't seen Golden State play a good game yet. When that happens, I hope Cleveland is prepared. So far, so good. It'd be way more special this way if we can pull it off, but you make comments that are so extreme. Just relax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland