U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-14-2013, 07:13 AM
 
1,505 posts, read 2,443,889 times
Reputation: 2292

Advertisements

Euclid was sweet back in the day, but all those people who left East Cleveland had to go somewhere, take a guess?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-14-2013, 09:34 AM
 
7 posts, read 7,500 times
Reputation: 14
Angry Euclid is bad news - murders and robberies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
Euclid is certainly having serious troubles, but I find it VERY hard to believe there were 30 murders in 2012. There are only like 45,000 people there.
Here's the link:
Welcome to the Euclid Police Dep
From there, click on June 2012, and you end up here:
http://www.euclidpd.org/crime_stats/2012-06.pdf
and then scroll down to Monthly crime / offense report. The 3rd column is titled "2012 to date". Open your eyes and look. It's on Page 2, under Dead Body Found / D.O.A. 30 dead bodies in 2012, and 31 of them in 2011.

Maybe I should open my own website to raise awareness. I am a victim of robbery, and there's a string of them in my neighborhood. I had no idea of this even happening, until it happened to me and I started asking my neighbors. Turned out my next door neighbor was robbed as well, and quite a few others. Police does nothing except taking the reports.

I really don't care whether you believe it or not. Trolling? Welcome to be in my shoes.

Read this on before it's deleted. I understand this is not what you want to hear, but for the life of me, you cannot make me smile and say that Euclid is a beautiful and safe city to live in, no way. Euclid is unsafe and is steadily going downhill. I am going to flee just as soon as I can.

Last edited by spoonyfork69; 01-14-2013 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2013, 10:03 AM
 
3,355 posts, read 2,983,585 times
Reputation: 2787
Spoony,

First, get real. Dead body found/DOA is not a measure of murders committed. Homicide is. And, while homicide does not instantly mean murder (it means a life was terminated do to the actions of another person), it is the ONLY statistic that can translate to murder. Essentially, the number of homicides will always be greater or equal to the number of murders. And, according to what you are citing from June of 2012:

Homicides from 2011 to date (6/2012): 1
Homicides from 2012 to date (6/2012): 0

So, either 29 more homicides occurred from July 2012 through the turn of the year or you're simply wrong. Guess which one it is?

"Dead body found/DOA" is the count of people who die of anything other than natural causes (suicide, drug overdose, death by accident, death by self defense, death by law enforcement personnel, etc.). It does NOT mean murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2013, 10:58 AM
 
7 posts, read 7,500 times
Reputation: 14
Exclamation I didn't say that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Spoony,

First, get real. Dead body found/DOA is not a measure of murders committed. Homicide is. And, while homicide does not instantly mean murder (it means a life was terminated do to the actions of another person), it is the ONLY statistic that can translate to murder. Essentially, the number of homicides will always be greater or equal to the number of murders. And, according to what you are citing from June of 2012:

Homicides from 2011 to date (6/2012): 1
Homicides from 2012 to date (6/2012): 0

So, either 29 more homicides occurred from July 2012 through the turn of the year or you're simply wrong. Guess which one it is?

"Dead body found/DOA" is the count of people who die of anything other than natural causes (suicide, drug overdose, death by accident, death by self defense, death by law enforcement personnel, etc.). It does NOT mean murder.
I didn't say MURDERS. I said DEAD BODIES. That is according to the Euclid Police Website. Moderator cut: commenting on moderation in public is against the tos

I don't have to guess but thanks for asking. I rely on the stats found on the Euclid Police website.
Here's the link:
Welcome to the Euclid Police Department
From there, click on June 2012, and you end up here:
http://www.euclidpd.org/crime_stats/2012-06.pdf
and then scroll down to Monthly crime / offense report. The 3rd column is titled "2012 to date". Open up your eyes and look. It's on Page 2, under Dead Body Found / D.O.A. 30 dead bodies in 2012, and 31 of them in 2011.

Any questions? Speaking of which, you might want to inquire why the police lists the above Dead Bodies right there in the Crime Section. I think it's a brilliant idea. Tell them I said so.

Last edited by Yac; 01-16-2013 at 06:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2013, 11:17 AM
 
3,355 posts, read 2,983,585 times
Reputation: 2787
I'm not the mod. Settle down.

Your insinuation is that "dead bodies" somehow equates to murder or as a result of some sort of criminal assault. It simply does not. The City of Independence (about 7,000 people and virtually no crime) had a dead body count of 11 last year. They haven't seen a murder within the town limits since the 1980s.

Quoting myself:

Quote:
"Dead body found/DOA" is the count of people who die of anything other than natural causes (suicide, drug overdose, death by accident, death by self defense, death by law enforcement personnel, etc.). It does NOT mean murder.
The police lists do not reflect convictions. They reflect citations. That is why the DBC is included in the crime section. A citation is issued until the cause of death by an actual crime is ruled out. That would be ANY death due to something other than natural causes. This includes automobile accident fatalities.

In Independence 3-4 of the dead bodies were as a result of drug overdose. 2-3 others were suicides. The rest were traffic accidents.

REPEAT: The police lists do not reflect convictions. They reflect citations. That is why the DBC is included in the crime section.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2013, 11:35 AM
 
7 posts, read 7,500 times
Reputation: 14
Default Ymmv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
I'm not the mod. Settle down.

Your insinuation is that "dead bodies" somehow equates to murder or as a result of some sort of criminal assault. It simply does not. The City of Independence (about 7,000 people and virtually no crime) had a dead body count of 11 last year. They haven't seen a murder within the town limits since the 1980s.

Quoting myself:



The police lists do not reflect convictions. They reflect citations. That is why the DBC is included in the crime section. A citation is issued until the cause of death by an actual crime is ruled out. That would be ANY death due to something other than natural causes. This includes automobile accident fatalities.

In Independence 3-4 of the dead bodies were as a result of drug overdose. 2-3 others were suicides. The rest were traffic accidents.

REPEAT: The police lists do not reflect convictions. They reflect citations. That is why the DBC is included in the crime section.
You need to stop twisting my words. I'm not saying you are the mod.

Furthermore, I wasn't saying MURDERS. I was saying DEAD BODIES. How many times do you want me to repeat that? Okay, so I am repeating it again.

Again... omg, can you just pay attention to the contents of my post? I didn't insinuate or imply or anything of this nature, I was simply quoting the FACTS straight from the Euclid Police website. Should I provide the links again? Just scroll up, you'll see them. The police lists 30 dead bodies in 2012, and 31 of them in 2011. All that specifically within the CRIME SECTION meaning that police thinks this was a crime to begin with. Feel free to inquire.

I understand you think this is open to interpretation. I hope you can support your statement with the links of some sort. Apparently the mod has requested this from me BUT not from anybody else. I'm puzzled. Again, you are not the mod. Now we've established that much.

Methinks that at least some of the said DEAD BODIES could belong to the Cold Case Files. Like Unsolved murders, for example. Exactly how many or a ratio of these to the total population, we'll find out in due time, I'm pretty sure.

I neither know nor care about Independence or any other city in Ohio. I am speaking about Euclid. The very city I am contemplating fleeing from. And advise everybody else to follow this pattern before it's too late.

I'm taking a lunch break from all this.
JM2CW YMMV

Last edited by spoonyfork69; 01-14-2013 at 11:50 AM.. Reason: more info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2013, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Cleveland
2,165 posts, read 1,254,931 times
Reputation: 1434
Well clearly it's evident that one area Euclid is struggling with is education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2013, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Boston, MA
2,751 posts, read 1,868,779 times
Reputation: 2087
Wow. Dead bodies- who cares? You make it sound like Law and Order: Cleveland with detectives getting called out to Euclid and finding bodies just lying in the street everywhere. Ever occur to you that old folks just die of natural causes? Maybe they don't have any family, so there bodies are "found." It's a completely stupid statistic to care about. This just in- people die sometimes!

Nothing you say holds any water. It's deceiving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2013, 01:06 PM
 
3,355 posts, read 2,983,585 times
Reputation: 2787
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonyfork69 View Post
You need to stop twisting my words. I'm not saying you are the mod.
Then quit whining about it to us non-mods. If you have an issue, take it up with them.

Quote:
Furthermore, I wasn't saying MURDERS. I was saying DEAD BODIES. How many times do you want me to repeat that? Okay, so I am repeating it again.
I don't know where you got your stats from, but according to the Euclid Police Dept site, there has been 30 dead bodies/D.O.A. found in Euclid in 2012. Where do you think they came from?

Homicides = 0.

Clearly, it is something other than a possible murder.

Quote:
Again... omg, can you just pay attention to the contents of my post? I didn't insinuate or imply or anything of this nature,
Um, yes, you did.

Quote:
I was simply quoting the FACTS straight from the Euclid Police website. Should I provide the links again? Just scroll up, you'll see them. The police lists 30 dead bodies in 2012, and 31 of them in 2011. All that specifically within the CRIME SECTION meaning that police thinks this was a crime to begin with. Feel free to inquire.
I don't have to. Homicides = 0.

Quote:
I understand you think this is open to interpretation. I hope you can support your statement with the links of some sort. Apparently the mod has requested this from me BUT not from anybody else. I'm puzzled. Again, you are not the mod. Now we've established that much.
I can. Homicides = 0.

Quote:
Methinks that at least some of the said DEAD BODIES could belong to the Cold Case Files. Like Unsolved murders, for example. Exactly how many or a ratio of these to the total population, we'll find out in due time, I'm pretty sure.
Mmmmm, no. A homicide can be established without conviction. For example, if someone is shot or stabbed to death, that would be ruled a homicide. Dig?

Quote:
I neither know nor care about Independence or any other city in Ohio. I am speaking about Euclid. The very city I am contemplating fleeing from. And advise everybody else to follow this pattern before it's too late.
Well, you should as Euclid does not exist in a vacuum.

Quote:
I'm taking a lunch break from all this.
JM2CW YMMV
Run away. Far, far away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Well clearly it's evident that one area Euclid is struggling with is education.
If that is a product of their school system, possibly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
1,278 posts, read 3,016,994 times
Reputation: 605
Euclid actually has less crime than my relatively nice Atlanta suburb. In my subdivision we had a $350,000 house used as a marijuana distribution center, a home invasion, and a drive-by shooting all within a year. You guys just aren't used to suburban crime up there;
down here you can't escape the crime no matter how expensive the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:21 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top