U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 11:23 PM

7 posts, read 34,757 times

Advertisements

I am attending CSU this fall and still looking for a house. I have two roommates and three dogs so we are looking into buying and have been looking at homes in Euclid. My main priority is safety and low crime area, how does Euclid fare? Any suggestions on good neighborhoods in Euclid? Any to avoid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 03:01 PM

2,368 posts, read 6,826,366 times
Euclid has been going down hill since the 70's and crime seems to be on the rise too.Being from Euclid and living there for 13 years of my 15 years,I can tell you the best area in Euclid is probably the area right by Willowick.Avoid my old zip code 44119 and 44117.44117 is the most dangerous zip code in Euclid,but nowhere in Euclid is a gem.I mean in my old neighborhood people taking money out of the atm machine have been robbed at gun point.And on East 200th street a bank was robbed and a person was shot in the face.Someone going into thier house to get money to pay for pizza got robbed by two people at gunpoint.If your looking for a safe neighborhood in Euclid look closer to Willowick or else you might want to look at another Cuyahoga county city.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:18 PM

332 posts, read 2,099,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laceeanne View Post
I am attending CSU this fall and still looking for a house. I have two roommates and three dogs so we are looking into buying and have been looking at homes in Euclid. My main priority is safety and low crime area, how does Euclid fare? Any suggestions on good neighborhoods in Euclid? Any to avoid?
Closer to the Lake is best in Euclid, while south of I-90 between Euclid Ave tends to get bad.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:46 PM

The best neighborhoods in Euclid are past the apartment buildings closer to Willowick the streets by the Lake.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:57 AM

3 posts, read 26,220 times
Euclid isn't that bad, i love it here.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:05 PM

Naw,Euclid isn't the worst place in the world,but its not one of the best either,and right now its on the decline.I would move back there right now if I was old enough,but I still have like 2-2and a half years.I think you can still get by living in Euclid without being a victim of crime as long as you stay away from the criminal element,but I don't know what it will be like in a couple years.I've already heard people calling it East Cleveland North or comparing it to East Cleveland,althrough I think Euclid has a higher crime rate than East Cleveland,but thats only because alot of the criminals in East Cleveland probably commit crimes in Cleveland.But no Euclid is still a livable place,except be careful around 44119 and 44117.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:34 AM

2 posts, read 14,276 times
Default Baloney Euclid is a good town with good people, do we have a few crime problems. Sure so does everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Euclid has been going down hill since the 70's and crime seems to be on the rise too.Being from Euclid and living there for 13 years of my 15 years,I can tell you the best area in Euclid is probably the area right by Willowick.Avoid my old zip code 44119 and 44117.44117 is the most dangerous zip code in Euclid,but nowhere in Euclid is a gem.I mean in my old neighborhood people taking money out of the atm machine have been robbed at gun point.And on East 200th street a bank was robbed and a person was shot in the face.Someone going into thier house to get money to pay for pizza got robbed by two people at gunpoint.If your looking for a safe neighborhood in Euclid look closer to Willowick or else you might want to look at another Cuyahoga county city.
They should stop besmearching the town. It is a great place to live., I have been there over 20 years and would not trade it.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:44 PM

2,094 posts, read 5,867,791 times
Personally, I'd chose Lakewood. Many more college students and VERY affordable housing. Not to mention the bar scene if you are of age and/or desire. Close to downtown as well.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pope47 View Post
They should stop besmearching the town. It is a great place to live., I have been there over 20 years and would not trade it.
I love Euclid too,and I lived there most of my life.Im going to be moving back to Euclid eventually.All Im saying is that there is some high crime areas in Euclid,and like you siad most cities do have crime.I agree with you there is alot of good people in Euclid.But the OP asked if Euclid was safe,and I was just telling them that some parts are and some parts have more crime.There isn't any part of Euclid with a terrible crime problem,but some parts of Euclid are dicey.

Last edited by CTownNative; 12-21-2007 at 08:57 AM..

Old 12-31-2007, 11:58 PM

12,045 posts, read 23,535,009 times
if you are definitely going to live in euclid, buy a bank owned property.. lord knows that theres enough of them here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland