Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 05:54 PM

924 posts, read 1,644,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Who says we don't laugh, Llew? But, the dude isn't refreshing, he's an ugly, ignorant, spoiled moron who, as expected, was forced to eat his words on national TV. Besides, half the fun is getting under his skin in return. Are you suggesting we all go to the Q and agree with him? Should we cheer for him and hold up signs that say, "Yeah, Joakim, you're right...and, we love you!"

What makes this issue so special is that it was broadcast on a national stage. Suffice to say, we win.
Actually, Joakim had a great game last night. So he does back up his words.

And I have to disagree, he is refreshing. You'd probably think so as well, if you lived in any other city besides Cleveland.

Nothing wrong with booing him either, but lots of people seemed genuinely shocked and offended. I've been to Cleveland before and saw all I needed to in 2 days.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:55 PM

1,975 posts, read 5,213,221 times
Quote:
Cleveland doesn't have HALF the gang, drug, and murder scene chicago has. Unless of course, noah is into that sort of thing, which i wouldn't put it past him.
Not really true, at least in terms of per capita. Chicago also has more city neighborhoods where you can isolate yourself from that kind of thing. There are some pretty crazy things going down in the Chicago ghettos though. Over 40 people got shot here a couple weekends ago. With Noah, yeah he is kind of a d-bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
I've been to Cleveland before and saw all I needed to in 2 days.
So what's your point? You could say that about the majority of cities in this country. Not everywhere can be some big tourist mecca.

Last edited by 5Lakes; 04-20-2010 at 07:06 PM..

Old 04-20-2010, 07:55 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,176,348 times
Quote:
His team lost by 10 points. He backed up nothing. Individual acheivement (by detraction, in his case) at this point means absolutely nada.

Quote:
And I have to disagree, he is refreshing. You'd probably think so as well, if you lived in any other city besides Cleveland.
Nah. I'd think the same. He's a douchebag no matter where I live.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with booing him either, but lots of people seemed genuinely shocked and offended. I've been to Cleveland before and saw all I needed to in 2 days.
They weren't. They just decided to hit back. If you take that as shock and offense, so be it.

2 Days, huh? Let me guess...you got your ass kicked one night in the Warehouse District by a frat boy in a striped shirt and rolled the next night at the Crazy Horse by the girl who told you she loved you?

Old 04-20-2010, 08:01 PM

155 posts, read 460,106 times
Quote:

He did have a great game, but they lost, so really it means nothing.
Refreshing? Is that the word you want to choose? Seems to me he is kind of a loose cannon. For example, his comments on Kevin Garnett. I think Garnett is a horses-ass, but to publicly call him dirty? I think that is just stupid. If Lebron called him dirty, I think that would be stupid.

Was I shocked? Offended? Nah, I just put him in the horses-ass column.

Is he a good player? Well he is in the NBA, so he has to have some talent. Will he ever lead any team to the finals. No way in hell.

I love Chicago. I love Cleveland. I have lived in both cities. I just hate stupid people (not you, Joakim)

Old 04-20-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Lakes View Post
So what's your point? You could say that about the majority of cities in this country. Not everywhere can be some big tourist mecca.
To add to what you said, I don't really find any big city to be a worthwhile tourist destination unless you have something specific in mind. This includes Chicago and NYC. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against either of them and enjoy a casual/business visit to both at least once a year. But, they really don't offer all that much more, they just have more of it. It's not like you go to either to kick back and relax or to show your kids a fun time.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:39 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,631,607 times
Quote:

Yea, but I doubt you saw all that Cleveland provides

Old 04-20-2010, 10:03 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,973,860 times
Quote:

Yeah, the fat guy they kept showing hysterically taunting and wagging his finger at Noah made me cringe.

People don't get it. The rest of the country sees an image like that and they laugh. They also conclude (correctly) that Clevelanders care more about showing the world how offended they are than doing anything to actually change the perception.

Of course the negative images of Cleveland are exaggerated. So are the negative images of Detroit, Miami, Fresno, Phoenix, wherever. That's not the point. Cleveland is acting like the loser guy at the bar who responds to a playful taunt from a girl with an overly analytical, defensive explanation of why he, in fact, doesn't suck. And when you do that, girls know you suck.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:07 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,923,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Hey, we never visit Cleveland either!

Signed,

Deodorant and Toothpaste.
Hey, I put on deodorant daily and brush with toothpaste 2-3 times a day, buddy.

I was just in Milwaukee a few months ago, not exactly a perfect place.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:32 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post

People don't get it. The rest of the country sees an image like that and they laugh. They also conclude (correctly) that Clevelanders care more about showing the world how offended they are than doing anything to actually change the perception.
Oh please. You don't get it. It's freaking NBA Basketball. It's a friendly rivalry. It just gives us a reason to hate the bulls. A reason to boo. Makes it more fun and exciting.
And the next day we go on about our lives not caring what some dippy NBS star had to say.

We don't really hate the city of Pittsburgh it is just fun to hate them every Sunday.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:45 AM

Yeah, TCB, I think you're the one who doesn't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland