Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 08:28 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,633,721 times

Advertisements

I know he's a bone headed athlete, but there were some comments made by a Chicago Bulls player named Joakim Noah. He's gotten into plenty of verbal confrontations, even with your LeBron, so his ignorant comments didn't surprise me.

A reporter asked him if he's going to go out in Cleveland and take in the city and while I don't have his quote, I'll do my best to replay what he said.

He replied with a condecending tone, like "::Chuckle::, no man. There will be no going out in Cleveland"

"Why Not!?"

"It's Cleveland. There's nothing here. All that's here is factories. So, no I will not be going out in Cleveland"

F, it, I searched for it and found it.

Video: Joakim Noah says Cleveland sucks - Game 2 Bulls vs. Cleveland Cavs Monday 8pm Eastern Time

Joakim Noah spends a cranky off day: Cleveland? 'It's bad, man'; Celtics' Kevin Garnett? 'He's a dirty player' | cleveland.com

So what do you guys think? I think there are too many people that put places like Cleveland down. I'm from MPLS, but I always thought Cleveland was a cool city, from research, C-D and books, pictures and vidoes...

Old 04-19-2010, 09:08 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,605,181 times
He pretty much said there is nothing there. Nothing about factories....

Who cares, he is playing a team that is the best in the NBA, and they dominated them in the first game. He was pissed, they lost. People talk crap on cities all the time, nothing new really. I hear people say bad things about Pittsburgh when they play the Steelers, or bad things about Atlanta when they play the Falcons. Its pretty common place.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:46 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,140,250 times
Beavercreek: Futher lending to his mountain of ignorance, he did say that Cleveland was all factories. It was on TNT this evening.

Who gives a crap what some over-pampered, homely kid says about a place he obviously knows nothing about. Apparently, he's either too dumb or too lazy to call the hotel concierge and has no functional knowledge of the Internet. Like I said to some other folks about it today, if he was really that bored, he should have gone over to Progressive Field and watched his fellow Chicagoans (the White Sox) get swept right out of town. It would have given him some really good insight on what was going to happen to his team tonight. So much for "shocking the world," Joke-eem.

And, You're right. Cleveland is a cool city. Like anywhere, you just have to know where to go.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:04 PM

HA, and as far as the Bulls being in town, they get swept too. I guess he failed to head down to East Fourth Street and see how hoping it was, or the Warehouse District. I bet he also failed to check out booming University Circle, Little Italy, Tremont, Ohio City, Coventry, etc.

Ignorance!

Old 04-19-2010, 11:10 PM

He's such a special boy that he apparently thought it was all supposed to come to him.

Sit in your hotel room and stew like a scared little girl, you gangly POS.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
He's such a special boy that he apparently thought it was all supposed to come to him.

Sit in your hotel room and stew like a scared little girl, you gangly POS.
Are you serious? He thought it was suppose to come to him??!! Hell, if I was in Las Vegas I know I have to go out and find it for myself, or even New York for that matter. Now if this was Fargo, North Dakota I could understand sitting in the hotel room.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:15 PM

Cleveland is sooo bad:

America's Favorite Cities, 2009 Most and Least Attractive People- Slide 27 - Slideshows - Travel + Leisure

Old 04-19-2010, 11:23 PM

Oh, I was just joking. I don't know what he thought. But, he's apparently not smart or able enough to fight his way out of a wet paper bag.

The funny part of this is that all of those guys stay at the Ritz-Carlton and have limo service from the hotel, at the very least. They can go anywhere they want to go and that douche was too dumb (or maybe too disliked) to go hit the baseball game and then a nice restaurant afterwards. What else do you want on a Sunday? There isn't anything more than that going on in Chicago on a Sunday either. My guess is that he was flat out scared to leave his room after shooting off his big mouth.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:27 PM

Cleveland does suck for spring break. I'll give them that...unless spring break week encompasses St. Patrick's Day (like it did this year). Downtown was a glorious mess.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Cleveland does suck for spring break. I'll give them that...unless spring break week encompasses St. Patrick's Day (like it did this year). Downtown was a glorious mess.
HAHA any city north of North Carolina sucks for Spring Break. And I heard the stories of St. Patty's day in the Cleve. Crazy times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland