U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 01:06 PM

6 posts, read 16,480 times

Advertisements

I'd like to get braces before the year is over. Can anyone recommend an orthodontist in the Wilmington, NC area?

Also, can you post a price or a price range? I'm a full-time college student, so while I do have the money for braces, I don't have a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 01:14 PM

982 posts, read 3,379,806 times
Braces are going to run you $4,000-$6,000, no matter where you go. Most orthodontists will allow you to do a payment plan.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:19 PM

6 posts, read 16,480 times
Thanks for posting.

I already know the general price range for braces, but since I am a poor college student , I'm more interested in ortho recs that are in the neighborhood of $5,000 or less rather than $6,000 or more. I would prefer to pay in full at the time I begin treatment.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:36 PM

982 posts, read 3,379,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klstone View Post
Thanks for posting.

I already know the general price range for braces, but since I am a poor college student , I'm more interested in ortho recs that are in the neighborhood of $5,000 or less rather than $6,000 or more. I would prefer to pay in full at the time I begin treatment.
If you pay in full at the beginning, most will give a "cash discount" upfront.

And the price will vary depending on the amount of work you need to have done and how long you'd have to wear them. Most will give a free consultation. And that's the only way to really find one. Make several appointments for consultations...they'll take x-rays, make a plan, discuss it with you, and give you payment amounts and options. And of course, decide which ones you actually like and feel comfortable with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina