Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 07:46 PM

51 posts, read 160,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
We haven't been to Rivers Edge in a couple of years either.
They do have their own beach house though, it's on Holden Beach.

Rivers Edge Beach Club on Holden Beach - YouTube
Thank's for posting that video. The beach house at Holden beach is now exclusively for the residents of Rivers Edge. If you go through Rivers Edge now you will find that there is quite a bit of construction going on. I know that there are 4 new homes being built right now. I hope to start my home within 1 year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 08:14 AM

605 posts, read 1,259,212 times
Dave - yes, I agree - it was pretty empty - this was a Mark Saunders development that did not do very well I think. Most of the homes up for sale now (very little is developed here) are the condos. hope this helps....

Old 04-18-2013, 03:45 PM

51 posts, read 160,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
Dave - yes, I agree - it was pretty empty - this was a Mark Saunders development that did not do very well I think. Most of the homes up for sale now (very little is developed here) are the condos. hope this helps....
I think that you miss-read my post. I said that there are 4 new homes that I know of that are under construction right now. I plan on building within the next year. Rivers Edge is a very nice place to live. It is within an easy drive to many shops on Main St. in Shallotte. This is one of Mark Saunders communities that turned out well.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:20 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,051,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetoutofNJDave View Post
I think that you miss-read my post. I said that there are 4 new homes that I know of that are under construction right now. I plan on building within the next year. Rivers Edge is a very nice place to live. It is within an easy drive to many shops on Main St. in Shallotte. This is one of Mark Saunders communities that turned out well.

One of my favourite web sites' is Carolina Plantations Real Estate (I am in no way affiliated with them, just a fan of the NC coast).
This site gives a thumb nail description of many of the developments in the area, amenities, # of houses/lots for sale etc.

According to them the total build out of the community is 500, inventory owned by the developer 0, the amenities, golf course, pools and beach house are done. There are only 7 homes and 18 lots for sale in Rivers Edge.

Good luck with your new home

Old 04-18-2013, 06:49 PM

605 posts, read 1,259,212 times
OH, dear, yes, I did - good luck with your home - i scanned the posting too quickly; i apologize.....Our offer was accepted at Ocean Ridge and we are sooo happy!!! Five years cannot come quick enough for us - to hell with Jersey Taxes!!!

Old 04-18-2013, 07:13 PM

383 posts, read 892,014 times
I looked at River's Edge and really liked it. The golf course is beautiful and the layout is very nice. The Sales team was also very helpful. I settled on SJP for a few reasons

1) The golf lots at Rivers Edge were very expensive and I found a very nice lot at SJP for a much lower price.

2) I liked the SJP beach club better.

3) I also did not want to be by Rt. 17. I liked the privacy of SJP and being between Wilmington and Myrtle Beach.

Having said that, I really liked them both. You won't go wrong with either community, IMO.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyPride View Post
I looked at River's Edge and really liked it. The golf course is beautiful and the layout is very nice. The Sales team was also very helpful. I settled on SJP for a few reasons

1) The golf lots at Rivers Edge were very expensive and I found a very nice lot at SJP for a much lower price.

2) I liked the SJP beach club better.

3) I also did not want to be by Rt. 17. I liked the privacy of SJP and being between Wilmington and Myrtle Beach.

Having said that, I really liked them both. You won't go wrong with either community, IMO.

PonyPride, That is why I am really drawn to Brunswick Co. development options.
I want to have easy access to a major highway near the coast. Having lived in Mississippi for many years and evacuated a couple of times due to hurricanes, I want to be able to get out of there fast, if need be.

My own little phobia

Old 04-18-2013, 08:11 PM

383 posts, read 892,014 times
Hi Jerseyj,

I am from NJ also (and share your pain of the high property taxes). In an evacuation situation, Rt. 17 is not going to be a picnic, but it is the way out from both Rivers Edge and SJP. I looked at a link for all hurricanes that hit the area and the damage. It made me feel a little better. Hurricanes hit with time to safely evacuate. I am more concerned about tornadoes. They hit without warning and last year the inland areas were subject to those storms. You concerns are definitely valid.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyPride View Post
Hi Jerseyj,

I am from NJ also (and share your pain of the high property taxes). In an evacuation situation, Rt. 17 is not going to be a picnic, but it is the way out from both Rivers Edge and SJP. I looked at a link for all hurricanes that hit the area and the damage. It made me feel a little better. Hurricanes hit with time to safely evacuate. I am more concerned about tornadoes. They hit without warning and last year the inland areas were subject to those storms. You concerns are definitely valid.
PonyPride, I have never complained about our taxes here, saved a bundle not having to pay private school tuition in Ms. and gave our kid a great public school education in West Windsor.

You cannot outrun a tornado! I have spent many an hour in closets in Mississippi.

Yes, there is warning for a hurricane but it is never enough to accommodate the number of people who decide to leave the same time as you do.

But that is my personal experience (phobia), all factored into the decision

Old 04-20-2013, 02:01 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,471 times
Amen on "to hell with Jersey taxes" .We are 3-4 years out and struggling with the SJP-OR decision as well. Live down the shore in Jersey and enjoy the beaches of NC.rive down every Sept. and rent house at Sunset Beach which we feel is the nicest beach down there.

Was wondering what was the deciding factor for you on OR versus SJP??

Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
OH, dear, yes, I did - good luck with your home - i scanned the posting too quickly; i apologize.....Our offer was accepted at Ocean Ridge and we are sooo happy!!! Five years cannot come quick enough for us - to hell with Jersey Taxes!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina