Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 03:42 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,028,394 times

Advertisements

Is this like any other forum where people try to steer people to the neighborhood they are selling in and away from others? How in the heck can there be much difference between Kure and Carolina Beaches because of Freeman Park? It is so close to Kure you need a sign to let you know when you have passed from one to the other? Oh so because Carolina Beach has the best Chowder in America there is a big advantage to Carolina Beach? Wait how much longer is the drive to Michael's from Kure? Once you cross over the bridge you are over the bridge. Go to the beach you want and shop where you want. If you are buying a house ON the beach look to your left and to your right. They are all public beaches and people coming from off Paradise Island are probably going to go where they can find parking. To me you either do or don't like the island. How long is the drive and distance from the bridge to Fort Fisher and the beach there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 05:52 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,399,885 times
TuborgP,
you will get it once you live there for a while.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:17 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,722,558 times
Quote:
How in the heck can there be much difference between Kure and Carolina Beaches because of Freeman Park?
let's say i'm a fat redneck from 2 hours away, with 6 kids and a confederate flag mounted 10 feet in the air on my bronco, and i'm headed to freeman park to go pound natural lights and raise hell. i'd have to drive south into the middle of Carolina Beach, take a left, and then head back north. i'd never even see kure beach.

Quote:
To me you either do or don't like the island.
carolina beach has issues that can be fixed. the problem that can't be fixed, the original problem IMO, is its ocean water. snow's cut and the mouth of the river both dump a lot of sediment out.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:27 PM

572 posts, read 1,610,276 times
^Well said and terribly accurate.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:41 PM

676 posts, read 3,075,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
let's say i'm a fat redneck from 2 hours away, with 6 kids and a confederate flag mounted 10 feet in the air on my bronco, and i'm headed to freeman park to go pound natural lights and raise hell. i'd have to drive south into the middle of Carolina Beach, take a left, and then head back north. i'd never even see kure beach.
You are too funny and this is so true!

Old 09-02-2010, 07:05 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
I hope Carolina Beach stays the way it is. I visited it for first time this Summer and me and my
partner said almost Simultaneously we both want to retire there but that 30 something years away.

Carolina Beach State Park is one of the best Parks in this state
http://www.city-data.com/forum/coast...nd-photos.html

Old 09-02-2011, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,630 times
We moved to Carolina Beach this past Oct. and just love it. Through most of the year there is always something happening and the locals couldn't be nicer.We look forward to spending many years here.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:15 PM

700 posts, read 1,646,010 times
having vacationed there over the years. I was just thinking how could both could improve on things. I see these golf carts running up and down the street. And though. Would it not be great if the built an area for car parking over the bridge or there abouts. You are picked up and shuttled to you place. Then you have this golf cart to zoom around on. Would beat the traffic. Save on parking areas. Would make it more friendly to pedestrians. I know it would never happen. But it would be a pretty cool thing.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:33 PM

638 posts, read 1,594,560 times
I would LOVE to see more golf cart communities as a wave of the future in resort areas. Park the cars at the bridges and everyone only allowed to use a golf cart on the islands... or scooter.

Wish developers would get the message.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:13 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,028,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwenoo View Post
We moved to Carolina Beach this past Oct. and just love it. Through most of the year there is always something happening and the locals couldn't be nicer.We look forward to spending many years here.
After one year ditto
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina