U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2007, 10:46 AM

4,610 posts, read 10,203,351 times

Advertisements

We are exploring the Outer Banks area. Does anyone have any info on 2 sound front subdivisions "Heritage Point" in Manteo and Martins Point" in Kitty Hawk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 12:00 AM

90 posts, read 311,025 times
Not sure about heritage point but Martins point is a gated comunity, nice and is at the foot of the brige just as you get onto the outer banks from the mainland. alot of it is on the water. Are you sure you want to be on the water!!!! lots of snakes bugs etc... From living down here for 11 yrs i would personally stay on the mainland and not live on the water, my parents did when they first moved down and hated it!!!!!! now they live in on the mainland in Grandy.about 15 min from beach and we have several public boat ramps etc and taxes in currituck county way cheaper than dare county. plus no salt damage to house and cars. just my 2 cents

Old 07-06-2007, 01:34 AM

137 posts, read 378,833 times
yes, definitely move to grandy, great town. get a house on the currituck sound and get a boat. miles across, there are no boats and you can really let loose. watch out for those pesky duck blinds though! grandy has a sonic right off 158 for your convenience and also a 7-11 and a food lion. food lion is excellent, most of the people working there commute from elizabeth city which is also a very nice town. have fun!

Old 07-07-2007, 08:23 AM

4 posts, read 13,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
We are exploring the Outer Banks area. Does anyone have any info on 2 sound front subdivisions "Heritage Point" in Manteo and Martins Point" in Kitty Hawk?
I moved from Texas to Kitty Hawk near Martin's Point in January. My husband and I have been coming to the Outer Banks for almost 30 years now but had never been to Martin's Point until recently...it is a lovely gated community and includes a park and a boat dock area. You'll find houses in the $400,000-$2,000,000 price range depending on whether the lot is soundfront or not. My favorite realty website is Twiddy.com.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,591,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery Deb View Post
I moved from Texas to Kitty Hawk near Martin's Point in January. My husband and I have been coming to the Outer Banks for almost 30 years now but had never been to Martin's Point until recently...it is a lovely gated community and includes a park and a boat dock area. You'll find houses in the $400,000-$2,000,000 price range depending on whether the lot is soundfront or not. My favorite realty website is Twiddy.com.
30 years? wow

Is it going to take me that long to convince my sweetie this is best place to be

sign

jealous

Old 05-31-2008, 12:37 PM

2 posts, read 7,598 times
I live in Martin's Point and I am familiar with Heritage Point, Grandy and all the other places mentioned. Martin's Point is easily the most upscale of the communities mentioned for resident life (not for rentals). If you are still interested, let me know and I will be happy to expand. I am not a realtor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina