Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 10:56 AM

56 posts, read 159,754 times

Advertisements

I am looking for pros and cons of these developements.
If anyone is familar with land values or home values that would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 10:59 AM

15 posts, read 87,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkershot99 View Post
Your peer group will respond on that level but let me know if you want a local builders perspective. Cheers.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:27 AM

56 posts, read 159,754 times
I would welcome your opinion and thanks for the advice.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:28 PM

128 posts, read 508,841 times
Quote:
Sea Trail and Brunswick Plantation are very similar with respect to property values. Ocean Ridge is considerably higher.

Last edited by CarolinaAppraiser; 10-04-2010 at 03:44 PM..

Old 10-04-2010, 04:01 PM

1,530 posts, read 2,415,635 times
Sea Trail and Brunswick have a variety of property types (condos, townhouses and homes) while Ocean Ridge is just single family homes. Much more "upscale" with better golf courses. I liked ST because it was close to the beach and shopping but was turned off by the weekly rentals in season. A new neighbor every week in the summer is not for me. My vote if you have the $$ is OR.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:48 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,048,256 times
In both Sea Trail and Brunswick, the townhome, condo and SF homes are quite separate from one another. There is a distinct separation between the different neighbourhoods.

On a side note, I tried to rent a condo in Brunswick Plantation this past spring, they did not have a condo with one large bed in a bedroom, they pretty much cater to golf groups. The 2/2 condos have two beds in each bedroom to accommodate a foursome.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:34 AM

15 posts, read 87,021 times
Quote:
I would welcome your opinion and thanks for the advice.
The comments you're getting here are pretty much spot on.

Brunswick Plantation has quite a range of home styles, due mainly to the lack of a rigid ASC. While there are some very nice homes, there are also some pretty poor architectural styles and quality. The multi-family is probably the biggest draw back. It is a more affordable community but also is more vacation/resort like with lots of folks coming and going. A lot of it, like most neighborhoods in Brunswick County, was built on old swamp land. I have not heard of many issues as a result of that point.

Sea Trail is similar to Brunswick Plantation but a little more cozy. It still has a wide variety of homes both architecturally and quality wise. The multi-family is there with the same pluses and minuses. It is a little closer to Sunset Beach which is nice for convenience and a more protected feeling.

Ocean Ridge Plantation has one of the strictest ASC's around. This has, for the most part, kept the architectural and quality standards pretty high. There is no multi-family as of right now. The overall feel is more of permanent residents rather than a vacation/resort type atmosphere. It is definitely the highest cost for land/home but I believe it will also hold its value much better.

From a builders perspective and from a local residents perspectives I would put them in the order of ORP, then Sea Trail followed by Brunswick Plantation. If ORP was too much money then I would go into Sea Trail next.

There is also The Thistle.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:51 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,048,256 times
Quote:
One thing that might be a consideration for you is the fact that Brunswick Plantation is on the west side of Hwy 17 along with Farmstead, The Meadowlands and Crow Creek. A lot of stuff (the beach, grocery stores, restaurants and shops) are on the east side of that highway necessitating crossing 4 lanes of traffic.

Now I only mention this because we've stayed at Crow Creek (great condo rentals BTW) 3 times in the past 8 months. July and September were fine but we were there during one of the bike weeks in May. It was quite a challenge to cross that highway with all the traffic headed into Myrtle Beach.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:21 PM

1,530 posts, read 2,415,635 times
I would throw in Sandpiper Bay into the mix and rate it with Bruns and ST. Still feel OR is tops in the group but if the get in trouble and start lowering their standards all bets are off.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:22 PM

2 posts, read 9,803 times
What about Crow Creek which is right in the middle of these communities. It is not as developed but looks like it has upside potential. (new clubhouse & ammenities in place)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina