U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 03:01 PM

4,299 posts, read 13,642,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCJill View Post
Your son could totally be an extra sheena. People from all over come to be on the show. They even travel from out of the country! It's a really great time!

Hollygolightly, I forgot to tell you which episode I was in. I was in Season 4 Episode 3.
OMG he would freak. How do I check for when they need extras. We'll be in Myrtle but we'll drive over
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 06:30 PM

69 posts, read 424,585 times
sheena... you would just call the casting company which is fincannon and associates in wilmington and ask if they have any extra work for when you are going to be there. they only know the schedule like a week in advance, sometimes less. so you would need to pick a time to go and then call and ask if they have any work. but before you do that, you need to call them and have them send you an extra card to fill out and send back in. that way they can also call you if they need you. i hope that helps.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:49 PM

24 posts, read 98,251 times
NCJill - I know in LA they pay their extras sometimes. Does One Tree Hill do this or is it just voluntary? Either way it is a cool experience!!

Old 07-23-2007, 11:25 AM

I got paid $8 an hour. If you are there more than 8 hours they pay you overtime. And I got two huge meals included as well.I am going to try and do this as much as possible when I get there because it is so fun and an easy day of work!

Old 07-31-2007, 08:19 AM

24 posts, read 98,251 times
omg thats awesome. I think I got the right number, but would you mind sending me a private message with the contact info for the company? I'd love to do it!

Old 08-13-2007, 09:43 AM

1 posts, read 7,667 times
I live in Myrtle and I visit the set pretty often. My first time being an extra is in a few days, but it will NOT be my last. I am going to try to do it as much as I can. Just being there is a very cool experience. I don't remember the episode number for the ones I saw but it was a gym scene toward the beginning of the season where Luke tells the guys he will only play 15 minutes every night. The other one was the season finale. Definitely send in a card and he is guaranteed to get a call back. I did as soon as I sent it in.

Also I have a ton of pictures from filming and locations, so if anyone wants them just send me an email. Whit634@cs.com

Old 10-23-2007, 04:40 PM

1 posts, read 7,589 times
Default One Tree Hill Pics

I saw that NCJill, you said that you have pictures of the set of One Tree Hill and I was wondering if you or anyone else could send me pictures of the show and the areas of Wilmington? I would really appreciate it, just let me know.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:13 PM

1 posts, read 7,480 times
Default OTH changed my life

I have never really beein into tv drama...especially young drama. But then, I started watching OTH for the first time in the middle of season 4- and now i am hooked! I also saw on the show how beautiful Wilmington is..way prettier than where I grew up in Seattle, and where I live now in Tucson, AZ. So, I decided that when Uncle Sam sends me my check, I am so moving to Tree Hill, NC. (i couldn't help myself there ) I wanna shoot hoops at the River Court, walk down those streets, and see the places I have come to love. So, if there are others like me, who love OTH, and were inspired enough by it to move to where it is filmed, hit me up... i would love to meet ya'all jedwordlee@yahoo.com

Old 02-14-2008, 11:14 PM

4,403 posts, read 3,032,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCJill View Post
sheena... you would just call the casting company which is fincannon and associates in wilmington and ask if they have any extra work for when you are going to be there. they only know the schedule like a week in advance, sometimes less. so you would need to pick a time to go and then call and ask if they have any work. but before you do that, you need to call them and have them send you an extra card to fill out and send back in. that way they can also call you if they need you. i hope that helps.

Mark and Craig are great guys too!
I lived in Wilmington form 1982- 1991
I was in Firestarter, Christine, Betsy's Wedding and Windmills of the Gods and each time I went to the Fincannons. lol Back then Mark met you at the door and interviewd you himself. They've come a long way!
It is still very possible to meet some actors in Wilmington.

BTW I got paid WELL for all my extra work!

Old 02-29-2008, 07:43 PM

jewordlee..... I vacationed in Wilmington August of 2006 just to take the tours of OTH and Dawsons' Creek stuff and fell in absolute love with Wilmington. I made up my mind while I was here that I was going to move here as soon as I was done with graduate school. Well I moved here August 17, 2007.... exactly one year after my vacation! I love it here! I hope you get to follow your heart and move here as well. If you have any questions, please email me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina