U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:26 PM

5,417 posts, read 5,400,093 times

Advertisements

Thank you If you have a pet, the next time you come down check out The Red Dog Inn, in Beaufort. That is where we are staying in September with our Samoyed. A quaint, beautiful B&B that allows "furry" children. Have a wonderful vacation. kelsie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 10:55 AM

28 posts, read 70,524 times
Default Route

I am getting ready for my trip. Has anyone drove from NY to EI? if you did whats the best route to take?

Thank you....

Old 08-16-2007, 10:02 AM

906 posts, read 2,126,183 times
Definitely check out Fort Macon. Its an old civil war fort that has been restored. Very interesting.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:57 PM

4,299 posts, read 13,641,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Fort Macon is a must, all of you will love it. The Beaufort Grocery Restaurant is fabulous, located in Beaufort, closed on Tues. Around the corner you can sit at the Dock House and have an adult beverage and watch the boats come in and have drunkin shrimp. Across the street is Clawson's, awesome burgers. Finz, great seafood. We go down there a couple of times a month and love it. Too bad you won't be here on the 5th of Sept., we will be down with our Samoyed for a few days. Have a wonderful trip.

Oh I miss my Samoyed, I love those dogs. The best dogs ever! Does he or she like the beach?

I have family in that area, I can't wait to check out some of those places you mentioned. Last time I went there I didn't get a chance to eat anywhere but Outback.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:42 PM

10 posts, read 32,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringrass View Post
I am getting ready for my trip. Has anyone drove from NY to EI? if you did whats the best route to take?

Thank you....
Go down I-95 until you get to a place called Selma (in NC). Somewhere around there you can get on 70-East. Do that and you'll end up in downtown Morehead City, from which point it's pretty easy to get to Emerald Isle; just go across the bridge to Atlantic beach and turn right when you get to the Atlantic Beach intersection. You could turn off 70 a while before getting to Morehead and get on 17, then Route 58, but imo the former is better because it allows you to see Morehead/Atlantic Beach on the way down. Plus it's easier

Old 08-20-2007, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpope View Post
Go down I-95 until you get to a place called Selma (in NC). Somewhere around there you can get on 70-East. Do that and you'll end up in downtown Morehead City, from which point it's pretty easy to get to Emerald Isle; just go across the bridge to Atlantic beach and turn right when you get to the Atlantic Beach intersection. You could turn off 70 a while before getting to Morehead and get on 17, then Route 58, but imo the former is better because it allows you to see Morehead/Atlantic Beach on the way down. Plus it's easier
Thank you.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighjayne View Post
Definitely check out Fort Macon. Its an old civil war fort that has been restored. Very interesting.
Will do, thats on my list. Thanks

Old 08-21-2007, 03:13 PM

222 posts, read 849,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpope View Post
OR you can get on I40E and get off at the Magnolia exit (2 exits past the rest area/Warsaw exit). Take Hwy 24 through Jacksonville and Swansboro. At the big intersection in Cape Carteret, turn Rt (Hwy 58) and over the bridge, you are in EI.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipster View Post
OR you can get on I40E and get off at the Magnolia exit (2 exits past the rest area/Warsaw exit). Take Hwy 24 through Jacksonville and Swansboro. At the big intersection in Cape Carteret, turn Rt (Hwy 58) and over the bridge, you are in EI.

Thank you.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:44 AM

Angry Rain

So I check the forecast and its going to rain Sun the 26th thru Friday the
31st. Thats nuts!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina