Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 12:53 PM

28 posts, read 77,119 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I will be staying in EI from 8/25 to 9/1 - my wife, 11 year old son, and I have rented a condo from bluewater gmac called Ocean Reef. Has anyone stayed there? and if anyone could give any advice on things to do, places to eat, etc...

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 01:45 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,939,394 times
I spent all of last week in Atlantic Beach. Be sure to visit the NC Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores.

There are many great restaurants both on the Morehead City waterfront and in Beaufort.

Children might enjoy Fort Macon.

And be sure to visit AB Surf Shop in Atlantic Beach. It's probably the coolest surf shop on the entire East Coast.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks for your reply architect77. Can anyone tell me what the weather's like at the end of Aug?? thank you.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:00 PM

7,127 posts, read 12,667,756 times
Smile Emerald Isle August Weather?

You should find perfect beach weather then. Hot days, warm tropical nights, onshore breezes. Possibly a brief afternoon thunderstorm.

You'll want to bring--or buy here, good sun screen, beach umbrellas with sand anchors to keep them from blowing down the beach, and all your favorite beach toys.

Lucky you--a week at the beach. Hope you have a great time.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:27 AM

1,681 posts, read 6,030,354 times
LittleDolphin said, "You should find perfect beach weather then. Hot days, warm tropical nights, onshore breezes. Possibly a brief afternoon thunderstorm."

Been here 25 years-Couldn't think of a better description!
Bill

Old 07-18-2007, 08:04 PM

713 posts, read 3,929,629 times
Smile Emerald Isle Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringrass View Post
Hello all,

I will be staying in EI from 8/25 to 9/1 - my wife, 11 year old son, and I have rented a condo from bluewater gmac called Ocean Reef. Has anyone stayed there? and if anyone could give any advice on things to do, places to eat, etc...

Thanks in advance.
I have been in the condos, and they are nice. What is even better is the beach in front of them.

It is close (next door) to one our favorite spots, the Eastern Regional Beach access which is one of the better places to find shells.

The shots for this slide show were actually taken there. If you look closely you can see some Ocean Reef buildings.

I have a number of websites that have Emerald Isle area info.

Southern Outer Banks

Coastal Paradise

Coastal NC Blog

Coastal Carolina Restaurants

Accessible Trails

You might also download a couple of months of Dropping Anchor. It is a free local magazine with lots of information on things to do.

I also have a Swansboro Travel Guide which has Emerald Isle information.

Hope the weather is great for your visit.

-David Sobotta

Old 07-19-2007, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsobotta View Post
I have been in the condos, and they are nice. What is even better is the beach in front of them.

It is close (next door) to one our favorite spots, the Eastern Regional Beach access which is one of the better places to find shells.

The shots for this slide show were actually taken there. If you look closely you can see some Ocean Reef buildings.

I have a number of websites that have Emerald Isle area info.

Southern Outer Banks

Coastal Paradise

Coastal NC Blog

Coastal Carolina Restaurants

Accessible Trails

You might also download a couple of months of Dropping Anchor. It is a free local magazine with lots of information on things to do.

I also have a Swansboro Travel Guide which has Emerald Isle information.

Hope the weather is great for your visit.

-David Sobotta

Wow, Loved the pictures. Thanks so much Dave

Old 07-19-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Thanks

LittleDolphin and Bill thank you both for the weather. I cant wait. Already starting to pack!

Old 07-22-2007, 02:20 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
Default Emerald Isle

Fort Macon is a must, all of you will love it. The Beaufort Grocery Restaurant is fabulous, located in Beaufort, closed on Tues. Around the corner you can sit at the Dock House and have an adult beverage and watch the boats come in and have drunkin shrimp. Across the street is Clawson's, awesome burgers. Finz, great seafood. We go down there a couple of times a month and love it. Too bad you won't be here on the 5th of Sept., we will be down with our Samoyed for a few days. Have a wonderful trip.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Fort Macon is a must, all of you will love it. The Beaufort Grocery Restaurant is fabulous, located in Beaufort, closed on Tues. Around the corner you can sit at the Dock House and have an adult beverage and watch the boats come in and have drunkin shrimp. Across the street is Clawson's, awesome burgers. Finz, great seafood. We go down there a couple of times a month and love it. Too bad you won't be here on the 5th of Sept., we will be down with our Samoyed for a few days. Have a wonderful trip.
Thanks Kelsie. I will check that out. Have a good trip yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina