U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 05:50 PM

13 posts, read 80,007 times

Advertisements

BANK OF AMERICA is open on Saturdays from 9am-1pm. I have banked there for years and have been pleased. The one on Military Cutoff is a smaller branch that is open on Saturday and the folks are really nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 11:02 PM

69 posts, read 424,498 times
ryeager9---- you are a godsend! Thanks so much for taking the time to type all of that out for me. I am printing all of this info that you and Liz have given me so that I have it readily available when I need it. Since I will know noone down there and not have any family close, this site has been extremely helpful. It sounds like I will need to save up a bit before I make the trip to the DMV though. Yikes!

Glad to hear that you are doing better about your dog. If I have any more questions I will definetly ask.. .thanks again!!!!

Old 07-22-2007, 11:10 PM

shwebs....thank you so much for all the information you provided as well. I can't believe how helpful everyone is on this site. It is really going to help me out when I get there. Less than a month now til I move!

Thanks for the tips about the schools too. I always send my resume directly to the principal. I have had a few interviews and am in talks with a couple other schools but nohting panning out yet. I am hoping to find something soon.

Thanks again to everyone that is responding. If I have other questions, I know where to come!

Old 08-01-2007, 07:17 PM

Ok, one more question that I thought of....

Any great restaurants you would like to share with me? I have been to most of the ones downtown so just looking for some others that are good local places. Thanks!

Old 08-01-2007, 08:06 PM

3,098 posts, read 8,348,424 times
Quote:
Any great restaurants you would like to share with me? I have been to most of the ones downtown so just looking for some others that are good local places.
I'll be interested in this answer as well. I'm still finding my way around. I don't care for chains altho I will eat at them. I prefer the local ones that are *mom and pop* types. Liz

Old 08-02-2007, 06:31 AM

197 posts, read 876,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post
I'll be interested in this answer as well. I'm still finding my way around. I don't care for chains altho I will eat at them. I prefer the local ones that are *mom and pop* types. Liz
In no particular order:

Marc's on Market - Ogden Area
Kiva Grill - Porter's Neck
Bridgetender, Oceanic, Dockside, Bluewater Grill, Boca Bay (best Sunday brunch in town), Jerry's - Wrightsville area (some on beach or waterway, others a little inland)
Brasserie, Portland Grill, Port City Chophouse - Lumina Station
Terrazo's (great Italian)- Landfall Center
K-38 (baja s.cal./mexican)- Oleander
Henry's - Pine Valley area
Flaming Amy's Burrito Barn - Oleander near Independence Mall
Brooklyn Pizza - Ogden
Pita Delite - College Road
Elizabeth's (pizza, italian) - Market Street

Old 08-02-2007, 10:00 AM

Thanks NCSC! That is a great list... I can't wait to start trying them out!

Old 08-02-2007, 10:02 AM

3,098 posts, read 8,348,424 times
I agree, thanks, NCSC, I'll have to print the list and work my way thru it. Liz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina