U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 08:01 PM

12 posts, read 69,933 times

Advertisements

Hi! My name is Emma and I am graduating with my undergrad degree in Wisconsin in May. In August, I will be moving to Greenville to attend ECU for a second degree, but have *no* idea where to even begin looking for housing. I've looked at rent.com and all the online places I can find, but they seem to be both in a higher price range than I'm looking for or all large community type places. Since I know a lot of smaller places aren't advertised online, I was hoping someone from the area could help me out.

I am looking for a small apartment (i.e. one bedroom or even studio.... I like small!), preferably under $400 ($475 absolute max!), and pet-friendly (cats, not dogs). I stress the cheap part.... I am moving in August and goodness knows how long it will take to find a job, so the longer I can squeeze out my savings the better!

I will be flying out February 9-14 to check out the city and apartment/job hunt, but that is my only chance to find housing before I move (eek!). If anyone has any advice of places to look into, I would *greatly* appreciate it... thanks so much in advance!

Last edited by bluedaisyboo; 01-09-2011 at 08:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 08:37 PM

3,321 posts, read 5,180,748 times
Wesley South. I've lived there. Around $400 and they love pets. I assume it is more for pets though. On the bus line, but an easy bike ride. Relatively good size. All you need for a 1 person

Old 01-09-2011, 08:51 PM

12 posts, read 69,933 times
Just found the website and they look really nice.... nice and cozy looking! Thanks so much, I'll look into those! Do you know if there are generally openings there? I'm a little nervous about having to find an apartment 6 months before I move.... I know here in my town currently, they don't usually have any clue if there'll be open units until a month or maybe two tops before move-in... :-/

Old 01-09-2011, 09:27 PM

3,321 posts, read 5,180,748 times
I would call them or whatever. If you let them know this early I would think they could get something. Since a lot of students will be graduating in May.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:30 PM

14 posts, read 31,338 times
Which campus will you be attending? Main campus or the medical/allied health campus near the hospital?

I have info for places around the hospital, PM me if you need it, we had a poll/guide pulled together for the incoming allied health students.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:04 PM

1,696 posts, read 3,991,857 times
not sure if you are intersted in sharing an apartment but my sister goes to ECU and rents here Pirates Cove - Mobile Version and really likes it.

not sure about their pet policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina