Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 06:03 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,258,656 times

Advertisements

Pitt Property was good to me. Whenever there was a problem, they usually fixed it within a day.

Here is the one bad thing about the one bedrooms at Wesley South. No dishwasher and a community washer/dryer. There are hookups for a washer/dryer, but it will kill your closet space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 06:15 PM

12 posts, read 75,952 times
If that's the bad thing, I should be pretty much set..... even the high-rise apartments by me currently that rent at almost $1000/mo for a 1 BR don't have washer/dryer hook-ups in the unit, much less an actual *included* washer/dryer! Having a W/D in your own unit here is unheard of.... I was thrilled with my current apartment that I have a community one in the basement and don't have to go to the laundromat! As for the dishwasher, I'm only one person.... I can live without one. And that's pretty unheard of where I am too..... only apartment I ever had with a dishwasher I paid $695/mo for!

Old 01-25-2011, 06:39 PM

168 posts, read 494,400 times
Belle Meade is nice looking from the outside, and it is in a really nice area of town, highly recommend.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:11 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,763,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyboo View Post
Wesley South is a good option. Ashton Woods and Brookfield appear to be owned by the same people and are also good options and if I remember correctly, are pet-friendly. Does anyone know a price approximate for any of those three though? I can't seem to find anything anywhere online and I'm having trouble getting ahold of anyone but the answering service there. Also, is Pitt Property Management in general an OK company? That seems to be the impression I'm getting....

Belle Meade is pet-friendly, yes? Some sites say it is and others that it isn't.... maybe they changed their pet policy recently? I looked on their website and saw another complex too called South Square apartments that look nice enough but have really mixed reviews online.... anyone heard of them before? It says they're only $335/mo which would be amazing, but I don't want to be paying less for lack of safety either if that's the reason.

Someone mentioned Trafagler Square Apartments and after looking them and Wainright Property Management up, I see *really* mixed reviews of the company in general. They seem to have some nicely priced units, but some reviews make management sound kind of shady.... or maybe its just certain locations? I saw the following places on their website:
* Cedar Creek II
* Gladiolus Gardens on East 10th St
* Medical Center on Paladin Dr
* Monticello Court I and II on Paladin Dr
* Paladin West
* Park West Apartments on Park West Dr
* Peony Gardens on E 10th St
Are any of these OK or particularly shady?
One important question: Are you a medical/nursing student? ECU has a split campus, and the medical school is on the west side of town. The west side isn't all bad. (I live there, but I own.) Definitely the worst areas are there, so it might be better to live east side until you figure Greenville out. Of course, if you're not a med student, you'll want to be east side anyway. Also, I don't know if ECU provides their bus service to the med school.

Ashton Woods are nice, but they are two bedrooms and are priced in the $500's.

Belle Meade, like a few other complexes, for whatever reason, actually has two management companies running them. Each one runs different buildings. I believe the companies are Hearthside and WGP, whom I've seen listed on Craigslist (under Eastern NC).

South Square is a little shady and it's close to the community college, not ECU. South Haven across the highway would be a better choice if you were to live out that way, which is really Winterville. It'd be kind of a hassle during the morning commute to ECU, a lot of traffic.

Wainright has a mix of reviews because they own almost half of the more traditional apartments complexes in Greenville; therefore you're dealing with a ton of opinions. I rented through them for three years, and I had great service. As far as I know, if you go month-to-month after your initial one year lease runs out, they don't randomly raise your rent. They never raised mine or a friend of mine's, who lived in College Park Apartments, which is close to campus. That complex is fairly small, and seemed decent in the times I visited. Wainright has Tree Top Villas on Firetower Rd. (not too far from Belle Meade) that are all one bedroom and about $445. Moss Creek, although west side, is decent too. The ones you listed that aren't on 10th St. are adjacent to the hospital and medical school. I'm really not familiar with the daily lifestyle if those complexes, but unless you're going to the med school, you probably shouldn't consider them.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:41 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,258,656 times
I think she said she will be on the main campus, FYI

Old 03-12-2011, 10:12 AM

168 posts, read 494,400 times
Treetops Villas are nice and in a good area, I can't say the same about South Haven. I toured one when looking for an apt. and they are pretty dirty inside and seem pretty shady.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 8,062 times
Thank you for the input. I am moving to the Greenville area next week and need to find a place to move into right when I arrive in town. I am not familiar with the area. Thanks for which areas to avoid.
Laurita

Old 08-31-2013, 11:00 AM

13,369 posts, read 27,026,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labdoglover52 View Post
Thank you for the input. I am moving to the Greenville area next week and need to find a place to move into right when I arrive in town. I am not familiar with the area. Thanks for which areas to avoid.
Laurita
I hope you saw this thread, as a lot of work went into developing it. It was designed for people new to the area. http://www.city-data.com/forum/coast...reenville.html

Old 05-28-2014, 12:56 PM

1 posts, read 6,648 times
Hello, I am in search of a one bedroom apartment under or around the $500 range. I have a 35lbs dog and I will be living there alone. I looked at Monticello Court and thought it was okay. Does anyone have any personal experience living there? Is it a fairly safe place for someone to live alone?

Old 08-01-2014, 09:25 PM

1 posts, read 6,262 times
Does anyone have an opinion about Trellis Apartments? My 22 year old son is moving to Greenville next week. He will be working
late hours and needs a safe place to call home. He also wants to be around other young professionals and not college students. I went to the Bells Forks forum and did not see Trellis on the list of recommended apartments. Is there a reason it was not on the list?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina