Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2011, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,724 times

Advertisements

Hi! I'm relocating to Cherry Point. I'm in my mid 20's, single, female. Any suggestions on places to live in or around that area that have are safe, fun and entertaining i.e. a little night life etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 02:47 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
That would be either New Bern, although not much nite life available, or Morehead city, more nite life but too touristy for my taste.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:13 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,897,872 times
If you work at Cherry Point, just live in Havelock. Especially with the way gas prices are right now. There is no where in Havelock that is unsafe. There are some trashy apartments you'd want to avoid, but no neighborhood. Stay away from Pinevilla Apts, the parking lot floods in heavy rain. The video at the link contains mostly footage from Pine Villa Apartments from different angles. Any listing you see on Brown Blvd will be Pine Villa ( like these:Carteret Craven Real Estate Rental Properties in Havelock NC) .
Storm stories - Local - Havelock News
Anywhere else you can visually see if that's a place you'd want to stay or not. Not knowing your price range, I'd suggest the ones off of Kim Ave (Hunter's Landing -Witten Circle, Christoper Downs -Christopher Ct, JOhn Ct, Verona Drive). Apartments there will run you $600-$700. Don't pay more than $800 for an apartment, duplex, or townhome in Havelock unless you just don't want to live in a house. Matter of fact, you could look into purchasing a house in the area once you get into the $800 range. You can get one in that price range, here's an example of companies listings.
Available Rentals
Welcome To Real Estate Management - Real Estate Serving* Havelock,*** MCAS Cherry Point, New Bern, Newport & Morehead City
Strictly Rentals, Inc.

As far as nightlife. Havelock has several bars, clubs, and establishments that serve adult beverages. You have a country bar, a biker bar, a lounge, a rock bar, a hip hop club, and few other estalishments catering to varying demographics. You'll likely to find one that fits you. Without having been to any in over 5 years, the ones I'd recommend are Choppers (Choppers Nightclub in Havelock, NC - Clubplanet.com ), which typically has a pretty good comedy night and Tun Tavern (Tun Tavern Bar & Grill ) If you will be working on Cherry Point, that means you have access to the clubs on base (Miller's Landing, Cunningham's), the bowling alley, and other MCCS activities. The bowling alley turns into a club like atmosphere on Fri and Sat nights. MCCS Cherry Point

Outside of Havelock you have, Midnight Rodeo/Cabana Club in MHC Home Page and Planet Red in Atlantic Beach Atlantic Beach Bars & Night Clubs : Planet Red . There's nothing really for a young single person in New Bern. Alot of people from the area go to the clubs in Greenville and Jacksonville on the weekends. Trips to DC (5 hrs) and Myrtle Beach (3 hrs) are not unheard of.

Asa single person especially, the real key to a "fun and entertaining i.e. a little night life etc" in the area is getting in with a good group of people to hang with. This will be easier to do in Havelock than New Bern or MHC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina