U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 06:28 AM

844 posts, read 2,676,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_d_bear View Post
Brunswick Plantation (not Brunswick Forest) has a large number of rental properties and my feeling is it would have less of a feel of community.
Steve, you could be spot on, but I would think that the majority of rental properties are mostly condo's/townhomes; any idea as to what percentage the "Large number of rental properties" is?

If the rentals are mostly isolated, one could have a "feel of community" in the other areas with regular homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 08:08 AM

149 posts, read 516,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepup12 View Post
Has anyone visited lately would like info on production?
I was at Compass Pointe last week. They have done a lot of work on their Grand Lanai which is a sort of indoor/outdoor structure near the pool. The golf course is scheduled to open next year. I believe the fitness center and meeting rooms are also scheduled to open next year.

Marc - You could be right about the single family homes at Brunswick Plantation being in their own sections. I find it odd that there doesn't seem to be any residents of Brunswick Plantation posting at this site, given how large the complex is.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:37 AM

844 posts, read 2,676,234 times
Quote:
I find it odd that there doesn't seem to be any residents of Brunswick Plantation posting at this site, given how large the complex is.
Concur; Let's hear some good things from you guys at Brunswick Plantation!

Old 03-22-2012, 07:05 PM

2,784 posts, read 7,329,610 times
You need to hear from Bunkershot.

He seems to know quite a bit about Brunswick Plantation.

When we inquired about renting a condo there, the agent told us, they were more geared to golf groups than couples or families. 2 bedroom/2 bath had all single beds.

If I remember correctly, the condos and SF homes were like different neighbourhoods. We have golfed with some full time residents and they loved their community.

Maybe all the residents are way too busy to spend time on this site?

Old 08-25-2012, 06:24 AM

19 posts, read 59,538 times
Quote:
The first question you need to ask yourself is whether you want to build a new home or buy a resale. There are still a lot of existing homes for sale at great prices that you could not come close to in building a new home. Compass Pointe is very new and would have very few existing homes available and probably none at bargain prices. Brunswick Plantation is an older communityand should have some good resales there. There are many long established developments around that a Realtor could help you find a good deal on an existing home. If your desire is to build a new home than my answer to your question would be I would choose Compass Pointe over Brunswick Plantation. I like the location better. It's a short drive (15-20 min.) to Wilmington and you still have the cheaper property taxes of Brunswick county. There are tons of lots to choose from at Compass Pointe where Brunswick Plantation has a much smaller selection. Brunswick Plantation (not Brunswick Forest) has a large number of rental properties and my feeling is it would have less of a feel of community. The newness of Compass Pointe I think brings the families there closer together in a 'we're all going through this new experience together' kind of way. A number of amenities are still being built at Compass Pointe and this will be a turn off for a number of people. The development at Compass Pointe began just before the real estate collapse in 2008. The fact that they are still moving forward and have put in some of the amenities during these tough times is a positive sign. In addition the developers of Compass Pointe are local business men who have already built successful developments such as Magnolia Greens and Waterford. I won't deny there is some risk but the I don't think there is a better value available in the area to build a new home.
Big talk about marketing sales Mace Watts VP at Compass Pointe http://www.fedupusa.org/2010/10/oh-i...ortgage-fraud/

Old 07-12-2013, 01:50 AM

19 posts, read 59,538 times
Leland is just a little to far from the coast for me. Without traffic 25 to 30 minutes.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:11 AM

1 posts, read 3,067 times
watch out when buying a lot at Compass Pointe. Many of them are in flood areas. They will not tell you, so read the property report very carefully.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:06 AM

149 posts, read 516,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sempifi66 View Post
watch out when buying a lot at Compass Pointe. Many of them are in flood areas. They will not tell you, so read the property report very carefully.
I do not believe this statement is accurate.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:30 PM

13 posts, read 27,430 times
I concur with steve that is not an accurate statement they are not in the flood zone. You are right about CP not having to many amenities right now but if you can be patient it would be worth it. I've looked at a lot of areas in leland and wilmington and none of them comes close to CP in MY opinion once finished it will look unbelievable like nothing else.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:36 PM

561 posts, read 931,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sempifi66 View Post
North Carolina has GIS maps which shows 100 year to 500 year flood plains and elevations. I would just be sure and check things out about flooding. Just because you are not near an ocean doesn't mean an area does not flood - it could be river flooding. Google the GIS North Carolina maps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina