U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2011, 07:56 PM

5 posts, read 14,862 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Thanks everyone for any help they can offer me. Me and my fiancee are getting married in Corolla NC in May. We have rented a home for the reception, and paid the event fees, etc for the home. But we really didnt want to have the rehearsal dinner or lunch at the home, as it would already be all decorated for the wedding. We are on a pretty tight budget, ideally what we would like is to rent an outdoor space, or a park, etc... with covered tables or picnic tables, and have a barbeque, maybe just burgers and hot dogs or a shrimp boil or something along those lines. There would probably be about 50-75 people in town, that we would invite as its a destination wedding, so the place would have to hold that many people. I know a lot of people recommend whalehead club or currituck club, but those places are way out of our budget. Also if we did it at another rental home we would have to pay 1-2 thousand for event fees, which we are really hoping to aviod. Any ideas anyone??? im really at a loss here.
Thanks again!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 08:24 PM

1,592 posts, read 3,088,754 times
A quick check on Trip Advisor showed that the Flying Dutchman takes large groups...

• Cuisines: American, Seafood
  • Price range: $13-$29
  • Good for: Families with children, Large groups
  • Dining options: Families with children, Large groups

Old 02-01-2011, 09:06 AM

3 posts, read 6,235 times
Thumbs up 4WD Beach Party?

Just north of Corolla, you can park your 4WD vehicles on the beach and host a beach party. Rent a few golf carts to transport your guests along with a couple of tents, some beach chairs, grills, a volleyball net and a cornhole set and you will have an affordable, unique adventure for you and your guests. Coast Carts in Corolla, 252-457-0900 and Just for the Beach Rentals (they even deliver to 4WD!)--252-453-9388. Good Luck and Congratulations!

Old 02-02-2011, 07:49 PM

5 posts, read 14,862 times
Thanks everyone for your responses!! We had looked into a restaurant or two, but it looks a little pricey if 50 people come, but if we end up doing just the wedding party then i think thats the way to go. The beach idea might actually work, would require a little more planning, but i was looking into it a little tonight, and came across "Carova beach Park." But all i could find is some information on someone's blog. Has anyone ever been there or heard anything about it?
Thanks again!!

Old 02-03-2011, 02:43 PM

3,321 posts, read 5,180,748 times
Carova Beach is STRICKLY 4wd. There are no paved roads. If you don't have 4wd/or don't know how to drive in sand, then you're SOL. This may be a problem ferrying 50 people around. Depending on how far you want to go, coming more south would give you more options.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:11 AM

3 posts, read 6,235 times
Carova Beach park is a park inside the Carova neighborhood & I wouldn't recommend it for a Beach Party--it's not on the ocean and it's more of a parking area for folks shuttling back and forth to Knotts Island. Again, the four wheel drive areas north of Corolla are public--just pick a spot and have fun. yes, you need 4WD vehicles, but you can rent the 4wd golf carts or the beach bus to transport people.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:14 PM

6 posts, read 7,585 times
If you haven't found a place yet, check in with Mike Dianna's Grill Room. They do weddings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina