U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-03-2011, 09:05 AM
 
1,671 posts, read 2,039,033 times
Reputation: 1074

Advertisements

I'm looking for a quality, fairly priced tax preparer to do my taxes this year. Normally I do my own taxes, but I purchased a home last year; so I need to file the costs of points, closing, etc., as well as the tax credit for first time home buyers. Other than that, my tax situation is fairly simple. I'd rather not go to H&R, JH, et al.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-06-2011, 03:35 AM
 
Location: Greenville, NC
2,078 posts, read 5,039,585 times
Reputation: 1160
I own a small business but I still do my own. I had an accountant, but after he made a mistake that caused the state to send me a letter, I fired him and got Turbo Tax. I get more money back now, I pay quarterlies, it's less stress, and it's cheaper.

Just take your time and be accurate. The software has many ways to answer any questions you may have about the tax return preparation. Federal returns are electronically filed for free and there is a small charge for the state return electronic filing. I just mail my state returns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2011, 08:30 AM
 
1,671 posts, read 2,039,033 times
Reputation: 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I own a small business but I still do my own. I had an accountant, but after he made a mistake that caused the state to send me a letter, I fired him and got Turbo Tax. I get more money back now, I pay quarterlies, it's less stress, and it's cheaper.

Just take your time and be accurate. The software has many ways to answer any questions you may have about the tax return preparation. Federal returns are electronically filed for free and there is a small charge for the state return electronic filing. I just mail my state returns.
Thanks. Can Turbo Tax handle the first time home buyers tax credit? If it wasn't for that, I'd have no qualms about doing it myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2011, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Greenville, NC
2,078 posts, read 5,039,585 times
Reputation: 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Thanks. Can Turbo Tax handle the first time home buyers tax credit?
It can handle it without even batting an eye. The guys (and gals) at Turbo Tax are constantly updating and keep abreast of all of the changes in the tax code.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2011, 05:36 PM
 
1,671 posts, read 2,039,033 times
Reputation: 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
It can handle it without even batting an eye. The guys (and gals) at Turbo Tax are constantly updating and keep abreast of all of the changes in the tax code.
Thanks. I'll look into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top