U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2011, 03:28 AM

14 posts, read 17,885 times

Advertisements

Does anyone in the area have any current information on these 2 communities? I am very interested in them but can't seem to tell how they are doing in terms of are the amenities built? Are houses being built and sold? Are these a "Summerhouse" situation where you could be taking a risk in the community not coming to fruition? If not these communities, do you have other suggestions for something similar in the area? We have two 8-year olds, would like Topsail schools, a community with aminities (definitely a pool), minimum 1800 sq feet in the $225K range (we don't mind being the smallest house on the block!). We will be over in a few weeks and I would like to have my "to see" list ready! Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 09:27 AM

1,817 posts, read 3,289,002 times
Over the winter, lots of houses are being built at Dogwood Lakes. Like 40 or more just springing up like mushrooms and people seem to be buying them, also. There was a pool mentioned in their original plans but I haven't seen any sort of building that could house a pool being built over there (yet).

Old 02-14-2011, 06:11 PM

451 posts, read 1,690,035 times
There is a lot of home construction activity in the Holly Ridge area. I just took a job in Jacksonville and am considering that area to move to. It seems as if construction has picked back up around there. Some of the neighborhoods look like they started as custom home communities and now large tract home builders are building larger homes and selling them for less than 300k.

Still, 1800 SF for 225k may be hard to come by, but not impossible. I think I saw a house with those stats in Turtle Creek (I believe).

Old 02-15-2011, 02:49 AM

14 posts, read 17,885 times
Thanks for the info - I will check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina