Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 07:36 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonPaul View Post
Hi, I was born in Morehead City and know the area quite well. The economy in the area unfortunately is not very good. There are no big employers in the area besides the Cherry Point AFB. In terms of real estate though the area is booming. Many individuals are retiring in the area and it is a great quiet place to live if you enjoy the water and the activities it provides. Property values have been climbing rapidly in recent years. The area is extremely southern though and hasn't really changed much over the years. It isn't very ethnically diverse. If you visit the area make sure you check out the beaches Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle. Also make sure you check out Beaufort, and east of Beaufort down Highway 70. There are so many beautiful areas down there. Here are some photo albums which contain pictures of the scenery in these areas:
Photos of Historic Beaufort NC, Morehead City and Down East Carteret County
Beaufort Photos by James Piver

I have family that live off of Hwy 24 in Newport. They are begging us to move there. Not much work except retail and no mall, I had to pass. It's also very quiet and that's exactly how my family likes it. We moved to Myrtle Beach Extreme opposite. But they complain about the economy all the time and about money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 02:43 PM

3 posts, read 7,596 times
Carteret County is a very rural area. Main Roads are like main streets in urban areas. It's very quiet here. July 4th traffic to the beach delays everyone about 15 minutes. The beaches in the middle of the island look like a Wednesday in May instead of July 4th. Please talk to someone who lives there to find out first hand about the area.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:57 PM

4 posts, read 14,161 times
I moved from Northern NJ (5 miles west of manhattan) to Emerald Isle 4 years ago. Our now 16 year old son had always attended Private Schools in Nj, but when we moved here he started at Broad Creek. He is now a Jr. at Croatan. Croatan has consistently been in the top 5 schools of the STATE. Broad Creek middle has won numerous awards. My daughter attend White Oak and it is EXCEPTIONAL. The schools are top notch. In my opinion, try to live in areas where the kids attend primary at White Oak or Bogue Sound, and go to Croatan. In Croatan, my son had honors classes as a freshman!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina