Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2011, 03:50 PM

175 posts, read 201,673 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Greenville/Winterville North Carolina this summer. We have a 7yo with VACTERLS Association (acronym for multiple physical defects, one must have at least three to have VACTERLS). She used to see eight doctors, she is down to four. In addition to her peds, she sees a peds GI, peds Cardiologist, peds Nephrologist and she goes to Shriner's here in Greenville South, so I guess a peds orthopedist? She has an Amplatzer's device in her heart, one more good visit next year and her cardiologist signs off, so we might just come down here again, but I think a cardiologist where we live is a good idea, too. Can any of you recommend doctors?

Also, she participates in dance, gymnastics, karate, she is a Daisy and will be a Brownie this coming school year and she would like to take horseback riding, singing and playing guitar. Yes, she is a busy little bee. She also participates in church activities too. Are there places that any of you can recommend for each? Any martial arts would need to be self defense type, she only has one functioning kidney (She would wear a protector). Like she can't take kick boxing, lol. Right now she goes to Little Gym for a combo Karate/Gymnastics class, however you do not have a Little Gym in Greenville North/Winterville.

Are there summer camps any of you would recommend? She will be going into second grade. Just a day camp, no overnights. Something like 8-12 then lunch and 1-5, etc. I could run up and tubefeed her at lunch. (She does eat by mouth but gets four tubefeedings a day, three at night and one at lunchtime).

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 10:10 AM

Okay does no one in Greenville North have children that participate in dance or karate or gymnastics or horseback riding or that need to go to a doctor? lol

I did try Googling several times, with ballet I kept getting places in Greenville South.

RunningNormal, where are you?

Old 02-04-2011, 10:20 AM

1,695 posts, read 4,674,362 times
I would ask your peds and docs... seems like they would be familiar with her abilities as well as camps that are near by that she might enjoy.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:46 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,896,833 times
There's actually a pretty big Greenville contingent that posts here. Not sure why they haven't responded.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:45 PM

150 posts, read 351,793 times
I believe ECU has a clinic especially designed for kids with multiple conditions, so you might want to look into that. I just have a baby, so I don't know about the activities, but try asking here:

GreenvilleMommies.com -- A Mommies Network Community

There is a daycare that is sponsored by the Easter Seals. I believe the Easter Seals also provides other services, so they might have some good suggestions for you.

Good luck!

Old 02-04-2011, 06:53 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,258,656 times
Obviously, I am not a doctor, but I would try to get up with C5. They are great people. Hopefully, you wouldn't need them, but they are good.
Services Detail

Old 02-07-2011, 02:22 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,101,572 times
We also have an active Shriners here. i know my granddaughter is a Brownie because she just sold me a pile of Girl Scout cookies. A friend of mine's daughter is in dance (7 yrs old) and my granddaughter (also 7) does cheerleading. if you want you can friend me on Facebook and I can put you in touch with the right people. You can find me in Greenville NC on FB.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:57 AM

Thanks so much, Folks!

Sorry I took so long to respond, my little one has been ill with a virus, UTI and impacted bowels and I have had the flu. We have had a lot of flu, strep throat and ear infections here. Hope it has been better for you North Carolinians !

The tips are great and I will look into them all, Richard I will add you shortly to my Facebook thanks.

My daughter sees Shriners for slight abnormalities in her spine and she has missing and fused ribs. Also, with VATERS Association, there is a concern of scoliosis, sometimes severe with the condition esp when puberty hits. Shriners has been incredible! Glad to hear there is one up there too. We almost lost ours!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina