Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2007, 09:15 AM

260 posts, read 1,190,775 times

Advertisements

Hi There -

We are going to be taking a trip end of this summer to Wilmington (st time there). Anyways,,, do you know of any nice / laid back bed & Break that accepts children??

We're not looking for anything upscale fancy. Just something homey not to expensive so we can tour the area.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 11:00 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,473,498 times
I live downtown, and between my house and the commercial downtown area, there are about 6 bed and breakfasts.

There is one, in particular, which is absolutely stunning. Every time I walk by it, I'm amazed. I'll see if I can find the name of it, or some other ones, since I see them all over the place.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:09 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,473,498 times
Here's a list of a few. These are all in the same area, close to the shops/restaurants downtown. There are others, too, but this should give you an idea.

The one I like so much is called Verandas, and is on the corner of 2nd and Nun. I can't seem to find a good picture of it on the web.
Wilmington, NC B&B: The Verandas

There's also the C.W. Worth House
Wilmington North Carolina Bed and Breakfast Historic Inn in NC

The Front Street Inn
Wilmington North Carolina Bed and Breakfast Hotel, Wilmington NC Lodging Accommodations, Cape Fear NC, Front Street Inn Hotel

The Murchison House
Wilmington North Carolina (NC) Bed and Breakfast - Murchison House B&B

The Graystone Inn
Wilmington North Carolina Bed and Breakfast - Wilmington, NC

Old 07-23-2007, 11:11 AM

69 posts, read 453,881 times
I have stayed at the Graystone Inn twice and LOVED it! It is the biggest mansion in the historic district. It is very grande and beautiful. The couple that own it are super nice and the breakfasts are to die for. Their website is Wilmington North Carolina Bed and Breakfast - Wilmington, NC. It is right on 3rd off Market, three blocks from the riverwalk. But I have also heard the others that anonymous mentioned are good as well. They all have websites so you should be able to check them out that way. Good luck and have fun!

Old 07-23-2007, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Here's a list of a few. These are all in the same area, close to the shops/restaurants downtown. There are others, too, but this should give you an idea.

The one I like so much is called Verandas, and is on the corner of 2nd and Nun. I can't seem to find a good picture of it on the web.
Wilmington, NC B&B: The Verandas

There's also the C.W. Worth House
Wilmington North Carolina Bed and Breakfast Historic Inn in NC

The Front Street Inn
Wilmington North Carolina Bed and Breakfast Hotel, Wilmington NC Lodging Accommodations, Cape Fear NC, Front Street Inn Hotel

The Murchison House
Wilmington North Carolina (NC) Bed and Breakfast - Murchison House B&B

The Graystone Inn
Wilmington North Carolina Bed and Breakfast - Wilmington, NC

Thxs for all your feedback. Though, there a little pricey for us. You see, my husband is over-seas in Military for 15 mos . so we're a 1 income household w/a 3 yr old. We've been dying to get away from the daily routine of her "missing daddy" and thought this might be a fun place to do that.
Anyone have any places / ideas for a smaller budget.
You've all been so nice to provide feedback.

Thanks

Old 07-23-2007, 05:50 PM

69 posts, read 453,881 times
Unfortunately, I think most of the B&Bs there start around $100-125 for a room. The Hilton that is right on the river isn't really cheap either but you could check for prices. I have also stayed at the Jameson Inn off Market for $79 a night and the Baymont Inn on S. College for $89 a night. Both nice hotels with breakfast included. Both have pools and are only a few miles from downtown and the beach.

Hope that helps some!

Old 07-23-2007, 07:50 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times
I stayed at the Inn on Orange before it was nice victorian house but I just did a search and information on web is very limited there is no website for them.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I stayed at the Inn on Orange before it was nice victorian house but I just did a search and information on web is very limited there is no website for them.
Thanks for all the info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: