U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2011, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,518 times

Advertisements

I am from Ohio and want to take my family to the beach this summer .My kids have never been to the beach or on vacation..... so I really am worried about finding the perfect place to take them. i have looked into everything in North carolina,South Carolina and Virginia Please give me some advice .....I want plenty to do but not lots of crowds . I plan on going in the end of july. My kids are 14,12, AND 6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 11:18 AM

101 posts, read 199,080 times
That is a tough request Myrtle has plenty to do, the last time I was there during the summer season the beach was so crowded that people were in lines, we go to Myrtle off season because of the crowds. I would go to Ocean Isle, you can enjoy the beach and then pick a day and go to Myrtle for the day. It would be an hour away. Maybe could find away to go by boat as well. And Wilmington is very close to Ocean Isle and has plenty to do.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:14 PM

4,639 posts, read 3,697,792 times
When I lived in NC, I liked to stay in condos in Garden City, one of the communities south of Myrtle Beach (the other direction from Ocean Isle). There's also Surfside Beach, which you might check out as a center of operation. At that time, it was a smaller community but still close to Myrtle Beach ... but as Connie says, summer is always crowded.

For side trips, I'd suggest checking out Huntington Beach State Park and Brookgreen Gardens (20 miles south of Myrtle Beach), and Charleston SC (about a hundred miles south -- well worth a long day trip), and of course Wilmington NC (about 75 miles north). For seafood, Murrell's Inlet is always fun.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:45 PM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,744,235 times
I would look on Emerald Isle. It is up near Morehead City, and I believe the water is better. Hope you have a good trip.

lln
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina