Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 05:49 PM

81 posts, read 249,350 times

Advertisements

Hi; Hoping for input from BF residents. BF right now is my number one choice of the few I will be checking out later this month. So, what do you love about the place? Any concerns? Would you do it all over again? I will be spending four days there; any must dos or must sees while I'm there other than the Wilmington day trips?

Also, I know this is a very long shot but here goes. My family (wife, two colllege kids) will be vacationing there in August to make sure we like the "feel." Any suggestions on finding someone within BF that may want to rent for one or two weeks in exchange for watching pets/plants etc??? (We're normal people) Is there a place to post this request other than city-data?

Thanks for your help and responses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 02:37 PM

4 posts, read 12,008 times
Default Brunswick Forest

Hi, I am a BF resident and moved there in the Summer of 2007. I lived in Wilmington for over 20 years and my husband is from the area originally. I love the amenities (love to workout at the Wellness center), hiking/biking trails and social activities BEST! The kayak launch is open so that is another new favorite for me. You may want to put that on your list when you are here if you like the outdoors! But there is so much more and lots of different activities for all types of people! No concerns and yes I would do it all over again. I am a full time real estate agent (with Coldwell Banker Sea Coast) and I saw the vision and potential of Br. Forest and it has far exceeded my expectations. Last summer we sold the home we built in 2007 to one of my clients and bought a resale because there are some really good values when it comes to resale homes in Br. Forest. I also want to point out that my husband was VERY reluctant about moving to Leland and after a few months at Br. Forest he said he never wanted to move. He loves it also! I may be able to help you find a rental for a week or so. Let me know the dates as soon as you know and I will put my feelers out. I just found a monthly rental for someone so this may be a possibility for what you want. If you are on facebook you can keep up with resale homes: www.facebook.com/brunswickforest. I work in the Greater Wilmington area so feel free to ask me about any community. You can also email me:karen@livingbythecoast.com. Best wishes on your decision making! No matter where you move in our area you will love it!!!

Old 03-15-2011, 11:08 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,757 times
How would you compare Brunswick forest to St James Plantation??
Pros and cons Miss KSCHWARTZ.
From New Jersey and plan on retiring down there in a few years. Would love your perspective.
thanks

Old 03-15-2011, 02:39 PM

St. James is not in our Multiple Listing Service so I do not work in that area. I only work in North Brunswick County (Leland), Wilmington and Pender County. I do know of quite a few people that have moved to Br. Forest from St. James. One bought a home that I listed so I will ask them to get their perspective. I think that one of the things I have heard is that it is is farther from the Wilmington/Leland area so there are not as many choices for shopping/dining etc. I will get back to you.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:46 PM

1,531 posts, read 2,419,220 times
From a golfers perspective I have played courses at both complex's and Cape Fear is as good at the Reserve at St James. They appear to be adding another 9 there but St James has 4 18's that are all just as good as BF's one 18. The course at BF is so far back in the complex I was looking for a gas station half way there. BF is right off RT 17 and close to shopping etc while St James is a bit more isolated. St James is much closer to the "beach" than BF and it is much more "mature". It appeared that BF was more stripped of trees but that may have been just the area we drove through to get to the course. I have 5 years to go and right now I am leaning toward SJ and possibly Ocean Ridge but I am keeping an eye on BF.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:41 PM

Default Brunswick Forest

I got some information from a BF resident that moved from St. James. Seems to be a popular subject lately because I had another client ask me today what the major differences are. I think that CACO54 basically said what this BF resident said but he also said that St. James has been there for a longer amount of time (20ish years) and BF is about 4 years old. He did say that the golf and tennis community at St. James is much more involved but he said that timing and amount of residents were on St. James side and that with time and growth perhaps Br. Forest will be the same. The reason that this BF resident (and others I have talked to) moved from St. James was the proximity of medical, restaurants and shopping. This is the one disadvantage that he mentioned of St. James, but everything else was positive. As I mentioned before, this seems to be the biggest complaint about St. James. Other than that everything sounds great so it is really a personal thing. St. James is closer to the beach and has their own marina which is nice. I hope this helps out. Would be happy to help out if you have any further questions!

Old 03-31-2011, 06:17 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times
From a boater's perspective, BF only has a kayak launch. If you have a larger boat, you would have to use a marina. I liked the one-story homes in BF, but hubby wanted a place for a larger boat. St. James was too expensive for our budget, but BF has more affordable homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina