U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2011, 11:16 AM

2 posts, read 17,934 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if its a 1st time date what are some fun things to do here? Ive been here my whole life i really dont think we have much, i dont wanna do something typical like dinner and a movie..
I wanna have some fun and do things like at the beach or something!
Were both in highschool so im looking for things wed like, no museums or aquariums please..
ty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 02:04 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,816,700 times
If you're a driver, do a date on a saturday and spend it a Mytrle Beach. If that's too far the tourist stuff like put-put golf or things like bowling are great b/c it allows you to interact with each other but be engaged in an activity at the same time. Dinner and Movie is the worst 1st date idea ever unless

a. you want to do something together w/o talking or seeing each other and hoping that nobody sees you with her (in this case make sure it's a movie that's been out for a while cause it will be empty and you are less likely to run into someone you know, do a matinee as well)

b. it's some artsy film that will feed discussion later on (in this case you do movie, then dinner, then walk in the park/ along the beach.)

C. you have no intention on watching the movie and are just looking for a dark place to make out. (same as the parentheses in "a" but skip the matinee and go to the latest showing available)

Old 05-03-2011, 03:02 PM

30 posts, read 74,641 times
Take a walk on the beach at dusk, preferably the second-to-last parking lot by Fort Fisher. Walk down and see the rocks. Just don't fall off them or let anyone mug you. That's a favorite activity for me and my girl (the walk, not the mugging).

Old 05-07-2011, 06:24 PM

2 posts, read 17,934 times
uh is that it? like is there anywhere open right now to rent jet skiis or something?
like we havent hung out yet, but i want her to have a good time haha bowling idk maybe thats work :/

Last edited by Justchillin420; 05-07-2011 at 06:52 PM..

Old 05-07-2011, 08:39 PM

30 posts, read 74,641 times
I know somewhere in Wrightsville Beach rents Jet Skis, but I haven't realized until now that of all the times I've ridden one, none of those times have been in NC. If you're in high school, will you be old enough to rent one? Some places in the US where I've rented were pretty stringent, not allowing you to drive even if a parent signs for you, others allowing you to drive only if a parent signs for you. On the other end of the spectrum, some other countries didn't even ask - they just wanted a waiver signed and cash, then you're off. Doubt NC is like that, though.

What kind of stuff is she into?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina