U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2007, 05:59 AM

928 posts, read 3,534,994 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for Something Fun to do and place to eat during my visit to the morehead side of atlantic beach. I'm going in the next few days.

I do not need housing. Just a tastey place to eat and some fun places to shop with a school aged little girl.

Thanks!

XNY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 03:37 PM

28 posts, read 99,219 times
For tasty food--try Island Grill on Atlantic Beach. It is upscale but kid friendly.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:49 PM

713 posts, read 3,471,445 times
Smile Morehead City-Atlantic Beach-Beaufort things to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNYgirl View Post
I'm looking for Something Fun to do and place to eat during my visit to the morehead side of atlantic beach. I'm going in the next few days.

I do not need housing. Just a tastey place to eat and some fun places to shop with a school aged little girl.

Thanks!

XNY
If you are in Morehead City and not Atlantic Beach, you might want to go the extra two miles and visit Beaufort. There are lots of shops. You can park and walk to them all.

The food is a little pricey in some of the restaurants, but Finz (http://www.finzgrill.com/home.php - broken link) is pretty reasonable. Their Shrimp Melt is one of my favorite sandwiches, and weather permitting you can eat outside on the porch overlooking Turner's Creek.

You can also hop in your car and drive a short distance to No Name Pizza which is on Route 70 east just as it makes a left turn at Beaufort.

No Name is one of the best value meals in the Beaufort area.

One of my favorite things to do during hot weather is to visit the Maritime Museum in Beaufort. It's a great little museum and its free.

The NC Aquarium in Pine Knoll Shores is also a lot of fun and very close to Morehead City/Atlantic Beach.

There is also the Atlantic Station Mall in Atlantic Beach which has a number of shops and a movie theater. Just cross the bridge from Morehead, take a right on Route 58 and head down the beach. It's on the right a little ways down the beach. My wife says there is a shop or two there that a school aged girl would like.

There's more shopping down the beach in Emerald Isle. If you come to Morehead City by way of Route 24, it's often a nice treat to drive back towards Emerald Isle area by way of Route 58 especially if you are visiting the Aquarium. Emerald Plantation has lots more shops than you would guess from looking at it from the road.

This is the Insiders Guide to Shopping on the Crystal Coast (http://www.insiders.com/crystalcoast/main-shopping2.htm#Heading2 - broken link).

Old 08-09-2007, 06:38 PM

928 posts, read 3,534,994 times
Thanks very much.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:02 PM

222 posts, read 849,048 times
and if you go on past Emerald Isle, cross the bridge back to the mainland, turn left at the light, you will come to Swansboro. A nice little town on the White Oak River and shops your daughter would like.

Old 08-11-2007, 11:34 PM

3,124 posts, read 11,680,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNYgirl View Post

Thanks!

XNY
Wish I saw this a few weeks ago...Key West Seafood Company...great food....great friendly bar.....if you go early...find to take a younger one for dinner. (Try their Belgian Chocolate Torte...if they have it...they only make one or two a day and always sell out!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or