U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2007, 01:30 PM

219 posts, read 788,980 times

Advertisements

Carol,
Anything to help someone else trying do the same as Judy and me.
I sounds like you are in, basically, the same situation as we are.
Before I go on you might want to reach out JerseyJ. I hate JerseyJ because he has his place just about set up in Sunset Beach. JerseyJ is a good guy. I'm just jealous. He can provide you with a good bunch of info.
When Judy and I go on vacation down THERE we have stayed at a place called the Blockade Runner in Cherry Grove. It might be listed as being in Little River.
During the summer months a room will run you about $100 bucks a night. Not bad and it is REAL quite in that area with a nice beach. Small place. Not the Taj Mahal but clean and quite. They even have a little teeny restaurant called Rick's downstairs that is cheap and has basic breakfast and lunch stuff. The owner is personable and will tease you. Will make you feel at home.
You will only be about 10 miles from NC border (Calabash) and another 10 miles (maybe) from Shallotte.
We had to be careful with our money in May when we went down and picked out our home so we stayed with my brother in Calabash. That really helped.
The Calabash/Shallotte area is building like crazy and of course some people are trying to make a killing on land and home sales but there are plenty of places in the 150k and lower in the area.
You might want to wear your fingers down while on the computer to search for a place. I wore our HomeGain.com and still am because if things fall thru here we may lose the place we have a deposit on and I'll be looking for something else.
Try just typing in a particular real estate company and search from there. Like Coldwell or Weichert etc.
We found a lady in Southport who is a realestate agent and she is a down to earth person. All female group with good ladies. She's a PatMaloney@seacoastrealty.com. Doesn't cost you a dime.
Sorry to run my mouth..........I do have that habit.
Again, if you need anything just write. You won't bother by doing email or if you prefer just post here.
Don't forget Jerseyj (I hate JerseyJ) he really does have good info.
Denny and Judy/Woodlynne NJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 09:14 PM

2,784 posts, read 7,331,984 times
Denny- You and Judy are closer to getting to Calabash/Shallotte then we are!! You need to keep the faith and be patient, your home will sell and you will move and be posting from the sweet beaches of Brunswick Co. while we are here dreaming of those sunsets!
Check out the web site Myrtle Beach Message Board those folks are a wealth of info and might help with rentals in N Myrtle and Little River.

Carol- I think Printmans' advice to contact his realtors' web site is a good idea. I get real estate updates daily from Remax at the Beach, Mary Ann Bechtel (I think) is her name. I also get info from Beth Suggs.
There is lots of information out there and the real estate options are mind numbing!

Denny- Hang Tough! Your place will sell and I'll bring you Italian Bread (a trunk load-empty the freezer) in September! Our prayers are with you and Judy!

Old 08-06-2007, 05:40 PM

219 posts, read 788,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
Denny- You and Judy are closer to getting to Calabash/Shallotte then we are!! You need to keep the faith and be patient, your home will sell and you will move and be posting from the sweet beaches of Brunswick Co. while we are here dreaming of those sunsets!
Check out the web site Myrtle Beach Message Board those folks are a wealth of info and might help with rentals in N Myrtle and Little River.

Carol- I think Printmans' advice to contact his realtors' web site is a good idea. I get real estate updates daily from Remax at the Beach, Mary Ann Bechtel (I think) is her name. I also get info from Beth Suggs.
There is lots of information out there and the real estate options are mind numbing!

Denny- Hang Tough! Your place will sell and I'll bring you Italian Bread (a trunk load-empty the freezer) in September! Our prayers are with you and Judy!
Hey JJ,
Still hate you because you do have your STUFF together. Wish I was that smart a few years ago.
Thanks for giving Carol any help.
I have really gotten into this thing about helping other folks living MY DREAM.
We just lowered the asking price on our mansion by another 3k. If it doesn't draw any interest in the next two weeks we are gonna fire the agent we have had these past three months. Nice kid but Judy thinks he's lazy.
We are sitting down tonight and going over the finances one more time. We know we can go further down. Like another 10k but that would leave us with a blank bank account when we move and we just can't do that.
Do appreciate you and the other folks on the forum saying a prayer and wishing us the best.
As for the Italian bread and Jersey Tomato thing? I'll bake my own if I have to and grow the best tomato NC has ever seen.
Thanks again JJ but I still hate you.
Denny and Judy

Old 08-08-2007, 07:45 PM

4,299 posts, read 13,641,080 times
Quote:

Would ya mind bringing me a loaf too I'll come from Myrtle to pick it up.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:15 PM

2,784 posts, read 7,331,984 times
Sheena-I'll meet ya at at Tangers in North Myrtle!

Old 08-09-2007, 10:37 AM

4,299 posts, read 13,641,080 times
Quote:
Sheena-I'll meet ya at at Tangers in North Myrtle!
That's a deal, let me know when you'll be there I've been wanting to check that one out. I have one practically walking distance to me in Carolina Forest Myrtle Beach area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina