Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 05:20 PM

124 posts, read 557,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
There is a place in Clinton that has the best sausage ever. I can't recall the name right off though. Clinton is kinda in the area you mentioned.
You are probably talking about LUNDYS pork products and that may be what the OP is alluding to. Their products sell all over south eastern NC in the Piggly Wigglys and local type stores.They are good BTW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 09:16 PM

197 posts, read 957,709 times
Could it be sausage from Pierce & Co. in Hallsboro, NC, about 20 mins. from Reigelwood? They make the sausage in the store and it is "infamous."

Last edited by NCSC; 06-06-2011 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: corrected name

Old 06-07-2011, 04:13 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,101,128 times
The best sausage I've ever had comes from Sumrell's Country Sausage in Ayden. It is a local sausage that is processed right in Ayden I believe. When you cook it you don't get gobs and gallons of grease out of it.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:59 PM

1 posts, read 6,379 times
The best coiled sausage in NC comes from Hallsboro, NC - you may be suprised if you make the trip and they are sold out - we pick this sausage up every Thanksgiving and it will bring you back to your childhood! My grandparents use to raise their own Beef and Pork and this takes me home. Silly question - does anyone know where I can find a deal on a "real" smoker- would like to have a gas / wood combo with side burners for Oyster roasts etc...

Old 09-15-2013, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 6,301 times
When we lived in Wilmington, we use to buy Clark's Smoked Sausage. We always bought the large smoked ropes, but the fresh sausage are good too. They are located in Rocky Point, just north of Wilmington. There's also a Penders Packing that makes sausage in Rocky Point, and there's a Wells Pork Sausage company in Burgaw and another Clarks there too. A lot of stores in the area use to sell Clarks, Penders, Wells, Lundys, and Jesse Jones sausages. Penders and Wells were both good back in the 1980's. Jones Sausage use to be good until Dean Foods bought them out. The same is true of Lundy's since Smithfield bought them out. My favorite sausage is still Clarks.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:19 PM

3 posts, read 16,954 times
Wink You are correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Hello North Carolina,

I would love some help. During my younger years, going to my dad's hometown of Rigelwood in SE North Carolina was marked by tasting the best sausage I've EVER had. This sausage was kinda like a large link that you could put on a bun and very juicy. Anyway I remember when we were down there we would stock up by buying it from a small store (I'm thinking around Kenansville/Warsaw) and take it back to VA with us. Well, now my dad passed away earlier in the year and where we got the sausage from died with him.

I actually work with someone who is from the Kenansville/Warsaw area and she directed me to Carolina Packers which looks very close to the thing I'm looking for. Carolina Packers - Smoked Sausage However I want some more possibilities.

What I know:

- This store was in Eastern NC in between Greenville and Wilmington
- I'm thinking Jimmy's could have been a possible name

Anyway if i could get some more avenues to try I'd be grateful.

You are correct. The name of the Sausage is Jimmy's smoke sausage. I'm originally from Garland, NC and I have been trying to find it for years. My mom said she thinks the company either got bought out or moved to lower NC. Wilmington or close to SC border. If I find some I will let you know.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:36 PM

That place in Clinton NC is Mr. Jordan's. It was across the street from the Piggly Wigglys and up from the Case International tractor place. He sold the Jimmy's smoke Sausage. That was the only place that we got it from growing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Hello North Carolina,

I would love some help. During my younger years, going to my dad's hometown of Rigelwood in SE North Carolina was marked by tasting the best sausage I've EVER had. This sausage was kinda like a large link that you could put on a bun and very juicy. Anyway I remember when we were down there we would stock up by buying it from a small store (I'm thinking around Kenansville/Warsaw) and take it back to VA with us. Well, now my dad passed away earlier in the year and where we got the sausage from died with him.

I actually work with someone who is from the Kenansville/Warsaw area and she directed me to Carolina Packers which looks very close to the thing I'm looking for. Carolina Packers - Smoked Sausage However I want some more possibilities.

What I know:

- This store was in Eastern NC in between Greenville and Wilmington
- I'm thinking Jimmy's could have been a possible name

Anyway if i could get some more avenues to try I'd be grateful.

Here is the link. They are out of Burgaw NC. lewissausage.com

lewissausage.com is who make Jimmy's smoke sausage. They are out of Burgaw,NC

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 07-22-2014 at 08:48 PM..

Old 03-13-2015, 08:37 AM

1 posts, read 5,230 times
Hello. The sausage you are looking for is now owned by Pender Packing co. and is in Burgaw NC. Originally Lewis sausage co. They made the best smoked sausage I have ever had. They have recently sold out to Pender packing I am told. I think their sausage has had some changes because I have recently emailed them to tell them so. I did make a trip to their facility in Burgaw and purchased a 10lb box thinking that maybe fresh instead of from a store where it was probably frozen might make the difference but it didn't. It is not bad but it is not the same. That is my opinion.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:50 AM

Did you get the original. My Mom went and picked some up and I was disappointed. When we went back I asked for the original and they had it. I went home and she cooked it. I was almost in tears. I bought about 6 packages of it, because they didn't have it in the big box. I will go again and see if they got it in the big box.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:28 PM

339 posts, read 318,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldraider View Post
I know this is not where you are talking about but the Smiths Red and White in Douches,NC makes their sausage in front of you in the store. They have the best meat around. So it may not be the one you are talking about but I am sure it will match it.
Douches NC ?!
I think oldraider must mean Dortches , lol .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina