U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 09:54 AM

16 posts, read 133,538 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Wilmington last month and I'm a little bowled over by all the options. I need to get my hair cut and fear walking into a hairsalon to find it is really illsuited for me. I don't want my hair butchered. Plus, I'm in my twenties and need someone who is a little more "up" on the latest styles. I saw an ad in the yellowpages and the women in it had their hair frizzed out to tim-buk-tu. Eeek! Talk about 80s! So, anyone able to suggest a good place to go? I'm in the northern part of Wilmington if that helps the decision process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 10:03 AM

3,098 posts, read 8,352,119 times
Wherever I go, regardless of city, I go to an Aveda Salon. First ran into them in Atlanta in 1997 and have used them in every move I have made. My daughter who is now 21 has used them since then too (she is in AL and drives into Birmingham for hers). Just go to Aveda - Official Site - Find a Location Apparently there is one inside the Belk store but there is one also on the other side of Oleander from the mall. My daughter went in there the other day to buy some conditioner and said it was very nice. Reminds me I need to make an appointment. Liz

Old 08-07-2007, 10:27 AM

16 posts, read 133,538 times
Thank you Southernlady! I'll have to check that out. It looks like what I'm looking for.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:44 AM

3,098 posts, read 8,352,119 times
You're welcome...it helps that my daughter loves the place too. Liz

Old 08-23-2007, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 3,330 times
Smile Salon Beyond Basics

Hi there This is my first post... we'll see how it goes...

I live near DC but got married last summer at Bald Head Island. After much searching I found Salon Beyond Basics - LOVED it. My husband and I will be relocating to Wilmington this fall/winter and I can't wait to have them as my regular salon. My hairstylists name was Sunny - Marjorie did my makeup, fabulous as well. It's a big salon off of Floral Parkway, near Oleander. Lots of stylists, all young and "up" on the styles They're great - wouldn't recommend anyone else.

I actually just realized I had their card in my wallet still - 1124 Floral Pkwy.

Salon Beyond Basics (910) 452-0072

Good luck!

Old 08-23-2007, 03:39 PM

700 posts, read 2,943,652 times
I also went to Salon Beyond Basics when I first moved to Wilmington almost four years ago.They are great! The only reason I left is my stylist started her own business.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:40 AM

69 posts, read 424,717 times
Good to know! Thanks for the recommendation. Just moved here myself and that is something I will be needing soon!

Old 09-29-2007, 08:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,298 times
Hello,
I'm new to Wilmington, too, but found a great hairstylist a few weeks ago. His name is Seth and he's at Ward Hair and Nail Design 910-395-0771 located at 3333-C Wrightsville Ave. It might not be as convenient for you near the N. end of the City, but I had the same concern at you - in my 20s and didn't want an out-of-date style either!! The cut was $50 and worth every bit. Hope this helps!!

Old 10-03-2007, 02:27 PM

29 posts, read 70,224 times
I just wanted to comment on the Aveda salons. I, too, frequent them often. I live in Atlanta now, possibly moving to NC. On vacation this year in Ocean City , NJ. I decided to get a haircut, found an Aveda salon and it was wonderful!! I love them.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,777 times
Default Ward Hair & Nail Design

I have been going to Seth since i was in high school and i am now 25. He works at Ward Hair & Nail Design owned by his mother. They have a wonderful atmosphere and truley care about their clients as well as their haircare! Highly suggest them!! 3333 Wrightsville Ave 910- 395-0771
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina