Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 05:58 PM
ESN

28 posts, read 77,157 times

Advertisements

If you have a quarterly contract with a pest company they will spray your house and you will see no bugs at all.. We had the same problem and once we started with a pest control company the problem was gone 100%... It confuses the mind that there are people who live in the South and don't use a pest control company.. Just plain nasty....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 04:10 AM

3 posts, read 3,034 times
Smile Palmetto Bugs

[Thank you for your input. I live in NC and never did I see any of these bug around my home or around my area, nor have I ever saw them @ my daughters home in SC. I did not ask about these bugs but was it was brought up when I was making an inquiry about the area? Many of the residence could not day enough about waking up and seeing them dead in their sinks or laying in bed & seeing them crawl on their ceiling. Correct, it will be the first time living near water but I would not think this would be the big topic...

Quick Enough;39135455]S.C.'s is called the PALMETTO state for the PALMETTO tree. THIS is where the PALMETTO bug got it's name.

If you think you won't find them in SC you are very NAIVE.

Calabash has no more and no less then rest of the South.

They CAN be controlled.

I don't know where you live now but, I guarantee you have some sort of wildlife there.[/quote]

Old 04-18-2015, 05:02 AM

3 posts, read 3,034 times
Wink Palmetto Bugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
S.C.'s is called the PALMETTO state for the PALMETTO tree. THIS is where the PALMETTO bug got it's name.

If you think you won't find them in SC you are very NAIVE.

Calabash has no more and no less then rest of the South.

They CAN be controlled.

I don't know where you live now but, I guarantee you have some sort of wildlife there.
:: Thank you for your input on the PALMETTO BUGS, but I thought they were more in Texas, New Orleans, etc. I live in NC and never had any bugs for the exception of ants which was taken care of by a quarterly exterminator, nor have I ever say them in the 5 years I have been down my daughters home in SC. True, I never lived by this close to the water, but didn't think I would get this much input on Palmetto bugs to be a problem or subject.......

Old 04-23-2015, 04:50 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,100,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
You're right that American cockroaches are dark brown. I called them "black" by mistake, because I didn't want the OP to confuse them with the german cockroach, which is an indoor cockroach that is light-medium brown.
In Maryland we called the American roach a "wood" roach. Wood roaches are solitary insects and prefer to not be near humans. Palmetto bugs are large black insects that don't mind the companionship of humans and think nothing of coming indoors, scurrying around or flying all over your house. I'll take the American roach over the Palmetto bug any day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina