U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2011, 11:29 AM

610 posts, read 2,760,545 times

Advertisements

I picked up the latest issue of Outside Magazine and was appalled by what I read.

This issue had the best areas to live and it listed Wilmington as an "up and coming place." It said that the Wilmington area in #2 in the nation in terms of growth.

I wonder who paid Outside Magazine to list Wilmington as an "up and coming area." Does anyone know?

IMO, a town with over 10% unemployment and a town with nothing more than low wage service sector jobs does not need to be listed as an "up and coming" area.

I guess Wilmington is an "up and coming area" if you are a retiree with a big fat pension and lots of money in the bank but for the comman man, it's nothing more than a dead-end town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 12:17 PM

3,458 posts, read 3,119,100 times
i think you should send a letter to outside magazine, and demand an explanation for this.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:12 AM

1,980 posts, read 2,645,506 times
heeha, how about you writing an article
about how you find Wilmington to be
a disgusting/dead end city?
you have many of your own negative posts to pull inspiration
from.

Even though you don't live here anymore [ per one of your posts]
you are always able to dredge up something bad about
Wilmington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina