U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2007, 01:39 PM

1,408 posts, read 7,396,814 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping someone can help me with this one. I'm wondering what these two towns are like? Are they extremely rural with nothing but a post office or is there more? is there a downtown area? I've been to New Bern and Beaufort and loved both their downtown areas. Do either of these towns have the same thing or are they more rural?

Basically if you were thinking about applying for a position in goldsboro, where would you look to live? My dh and I are focusing on east and south up to 50 miles. Granted I know there's no garauntee he'll get the job but right now i've focused all my attention on researching towns like New Bern, Swansboro, Cape Carteret, supply, southport, oak island, shallote and hampstead (i guess these towns would give you an idea of what we're looking for).

We do not have children so schools are not an issue but we do have 2 big dogs so we would like a town that is dog accepting/friendly (there have been a few posts on animal shelters that still use gas to put down animals - i don't want to be in a town that is known for things like this). We also of course want to be in a town with very little crime.

Thank you for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina