U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2011, 11:45 AM

69 posts, read 160,178 times

Advertisements

I paid a hefty fee to remove a possum that was living in the crawl space of my Charlotte home. He captured them and sent them back to the wild. I don't know if my current visitor is living underneath me or in a neighbors house. Does anyone have any advice for the best and most cost effective approach at handling this? Is there a public authority that works on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 04:52 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,048,672 times
Moth balls might work.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:21 AM

700 posts, read 1,438,631 times
Default For rent

I will rent you my dog. Seriously!! One morning she presented a small one About 8 or so inches long. Then the next morning another, Then another. This happened over a couple of weeks. Till she totaled six of these little critters. Then, one morning it happened. Bam! She drag up on the patio Mommy. Yes she got the Mommy also. They had been living under our out building. She also kills, birds (all sizes), moles, mice, rabbits and other little yard critters.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:17 AM

291 posts, read 767,173 times
What kind of dog do you have Since 71?
Poor little baby possums! Check this out for some interesting facts....
Planet Possum

Old 10-19-2011, 10:02 PM

236 posts, read 1,372,102 times
That really ain't nothing you should be proud of.. I bet if some coyote did that to your precious pet you would be singing a different tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since72 View Post
I will rent you my dog. Seriously!! One morning she presented a small one About 8 or so inches long. Then the next morning another, Then another. This happened over a couple of weeks. Till she totaled six of these little critters. Then, one morning it happened. Bam! She drag up on the patio Mommy. Yes she got the Mommy also. They had been living under our out building. She also kills, birds (all sizes), moles, mice, rabbits and other little yard critters.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNesters View Post
What kind of dog do you have Since 71?
Poor little baby possums! Check this out for some interesting facts....
Planet Possum
She is a mix. Has lab and something else. She is med size. Short hair. She is house trained and crate trained. She retrieves very well. She has the run of the great room. That's it. She know that that is her space and does not roam the house. She goes out when she wants. Those nights it was funny. She would go to the door about every night just as it got dark.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy444 View Post
That really ain't nothing you should be proud of.. I bet if some coyote did that to your precious pet you would be singing a different tune.

Guess you might be right. But, I would hope that it is because she killed it's possum meals. I really do not worry that much about her. It is her fenced backyard. Her range. She wants to catch and kill, play with or who knows what with an animal that enters so be it it is nature.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:11 PM

5,879 posts, read 8,865,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since72 View Post
Poor animals.

My dog has the same prey drive as your dog, but it's not something that I'd .

Instead I would
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina