U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 01:51 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,146,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Kinda how it is. We live in an old house in New Bern. Not very air tight. We have more of the big black roaches than I will admit. They are gross and disgusting, but not as bad as the brown ones. Maybe I rationalize. I would certainly prefer none, but we keep a pretty clean house and still see a lot.

If it makes you feel better......I was in the BOQ at Naval Air Station, Key West. My room did not have one of those small refrigerators. Someone moved out, and I went to that room and moved the small refrigerator to mine, and plugged it in.

About two in the morning, I felt something on my face, and turned on the light. Room had 100's and I do not exaggerate, roaches crawling around. THere were 50 or so on the bed itself.

I moved the refrigerator out in the hall. Got dressed, amongst the roach legions, found an all night store, bought all the roach spray they had, came back, sprayed it all, went to lobby and slept on sofa.

Now that is gross for you.
I would have brought back a damn flame thrower. I was in my apartment a few years ago in G-ville and had one crawl on my arm in bed. I jumped out of bed and took my shoe and started beating him to death. I scared my roommate so bad that he jumped out of bed too and had no clue what I was doing. His facial impression was hilarious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 05:22 PM

197 posts, read 415,265 times
It could be worse

Joe's Apartment (1996) Part 6 - YouTube

Old 10-24-2011, 07:53 PM

5,875 posts, read 8,845,962 times
I could only watch a minute of that video and got the shakes. I have a completely over-the-top insane reaction to those things. One crawled up my laptop and waved its antennae at me over the top of the screen, and I jumped up, threw my laptop against the wall and ran around flailing.

I haven't seen many in my house but it's a 1940s cottage on a wooded lot...unavoidable.

If they were in my hotel room I would not sleep there, even though I know they just exist around here. Couldn't do it though. I put every other bug outside (alive) but roaches...I lose my mind and all control

Old 10-28-2011, 01:42 PM

5,223 posts, read 5,093,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
Most people on the coast don't even refer to them as roaches but Water Bugs.

I don't like sex and drugs,
I don't like water bugs,
I don't like Burger King,
I don't like anything,

And I'm against it,

Old 10-29-2011, 08:48 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,282,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
I would have brought back a damn flame thrower. I was in my apartment a few years ago in G-ville and had one crawl on my arm in bed. I jumped out of bed and took my shoe and started beating him to death. I scared my roommate so bad that he jumped out of bed too and had no clue what I was doing. His facial impression was hilarious.
I've had them crawl on me in bed, too. Usually several times every summer.

I'll never be able to enjoy "Joe's Apartment" again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina