U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 03:59 PM

11,256 posts, read 19,791,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
the pool is open , is the club house to be in the same area? if so, it's also open.
The pool and clubhouse were in the same area, also a tennis court. Since they probably sell from the clubhouse, it may be built.

I liked that they planned walking trails and a canoe launch. The map also showed a future gated area, and some multifamily housing. It's probably not technically age-restricted, but it looks retiree-friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 07:00 AM

15,072 posts, read 19,019,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I understand your point about city limits, but when the OP added in the requirement for a one-story, new construction house, then it's more difficult to find in their price range.
MY post (though not the OP of this thread) did say the wilmingon area. And that we were looking at southport and SJP, so staying in the city limits is not a requirement. We are retired, so no commute to consider.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions that will help point us in the right direction when we make our visit.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:08 AM

412 posts, read 1,108,916 times
Another neighborhood not mentioned - Sycamore Grove. It is a new development just south of Monkey Junction and they have a pool and clubhouse and the houses are in the $200K range.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieCartrette View Post
There is Shallotte, NC 25 minutes from Wilmington and Myrtle Beach is only about 35 minutes. Be glad to forward more information. Just let me know.
Eddie, all four of your posts are suggesting Shallotte. Why don't you tell us more about why you like it so much?

Old 11-06-2011, 02:32 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,634,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Eddie, all four of your posts are suggesting Shallotte. Why don't you tell us more about why you like it so much?
perhaps he is a realtor or perhaps trying to sell his
house?

also want to suggest Tidal Walk off
myrtle grove rd. located right on the
ICW , just a few houses built so far but looks
like a lot of the lots are sold.
very beautiful setting and
will have it's own marina.

where is the OP anyway?

Old 11-09-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post

where is the OP anyway?
I have no idea, but I've been following this thread since it was started, and added several questions - and I sincerely appreciate everyone's suggestions. WE are in Mesa, AZ and visiting the Wilmington/SJP area for the first two weeks in march.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina