Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2011, 04:45 AM

65 posts, read 156,705 times

Advertisements

moving to Southport area looking for builder that has homes up in gated community Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 06:22 AM

13,357 posts, read 26,884,585 times
I would look for the community first based on your budget and what amenities you want, and then pick a builder. The community web sites frequently mention their "preferred builders". Lots of folks are fans of St. James Plantation which has multiple golf courses, marina, private beach, etc, but the golf membership fees are out of my budget.

Are you look in for a custom builder, or a production builder? At any rate this resource has links to many communities: SOUTHPORT, NC All Retirement Communities and All Retirement Homes

You may have to do further research, as some of these communities may not be finanicially viable any more.

Last edited by goldenage1; 12-26-2011 at 06:34 AM..

Old 12-26-2011, 08:10 AM

You did not mention your budget, but at the lower end, Pulte has model homes and quick-move-in homes at Rivermist in the low $200's. The also have models as low as $120K. I'm not sure they have an actual gate, but they have a clubhouse and pool.

The St. James Plantation homes run $400-600K for larger single-family, but they are very nice. There are also condos and patio homes there. St. James seems to market their homes themselves, rather than using Realtor.com .

Old 12-28-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach lover 2 View Post
looking for builder that has homes up in gated community
I noticed you have asked about Winding River. Do you own a lot there? If you want to compare builders, I would look through listings of homes for sale in your price range, and note the builders. I don't think many builders can afford to keep model homes open. So, I have noticed some of the listings are of "similar home", and they will build for you on the lot they are selling. For example, Trusst Builders has model homes in Brunswick Forest, but the also have a lot listed at Winding River.

Last edited by goldenage1; 12-28-2011 at 06:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina