U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2011, 06:54 AM

54 posts, read 99,807 times

Advertisements

You're right, macjr82, I was under the impression that the whole coast was called the Outer Banks. Thanks for clarifying. This is why I have asked for everyone's help!

All of the suggestions so far have been great. Please keep them coming. I'll have so much fun checking out all of the areas that everyone has mentioned so far!

Happy New Year!
Sara
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 08:00 AM

11,261 posts, read 19,800,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoreLeo View Post
You're right, macjr82, I was under the impression that the whole coast was called the Outer Banks.
Now here is a place that I would love to go to on the "actual" Outer Banks: The Sanderling Resort & Spa - Private Homes, Goldeneye 6 bedroom It's 6 bedrooms (sleeps 16) with the living space on the top floor with great ocean views. The rate is $1050 per night in spring and fall. A chef will come and cook dinner for you if you wish to pay the fee. The furniture is all whites and neutrals, which looks peaceful and calming. They have TV's, but of course you can leave them off. You could do your morning yoga on the top deck facing the sunrise.

Sanderling is a resort on the less populated north part of the OBX. Duck and Corolla are the nearest towns.

Last edited by goldenage1; 12-30-2011 at 08:25 AM..

Old 12-30-2011, 02:06 PM

79 posts, read 274,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoreLeo View Post
Hello!
I am a yoga teacher who recently relocated to the Triangle area. Part of my business is leading yoga retreats. I adore Italy, and it's the perfect place to introduce newbies to the beautiful world of yoga, but with the down economy people seem less able to fly overseas for their much-needed vacations.

Therefore, I am looking at holding my 2013 retreat on the coast of my gorgeous new state!

Finding information about the suitability of a place for a yoga retreat is pretty challenging. So I am reaching out to you to ask:

1) What area/town in the Outer Banks offers the most peaceful experience? (This can be during off-season, like early March/late Feb or early April/late March.)
2) Where would I be able to find a 6- to 8-room house that might be a little ways from the beach (ie, on a hill?), but with great views of the coast?
3) Do you have any tips from your own experience renting a vacation home for a week or a month in the Outer Banks?

Thanks so much for your help!!
Sara
Check out Duck,NC.It's an upscale resort town that is very peaceful and quiet during Jan-Mar.There's plenty of rental homes located on some of the highest dunes on the Outer Banks,with great ocean views.You should be able to get a nice rental for a low price from late Feb into April.Google "Duck NC rentals" and you'll find links to several property management companies offering rental properties.Tell them what your looking for and should be able to point you in the right direction.Areas north of Duck to Corolla are also desirable,Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina