U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2011, 05:48 AM

32 posts, read 84,623 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm curious if there are any sub divisions/communities that have single family "detached" homes where the exterior of the home (lawn, roof, etc) is covered in an hoa fee, similar to the way condos work?

I'd like to have small single level home, instead of a town home or condo, but I don't want to have to deal with the exterior maintenance of the house, at this point in my life.

I'm mainly interested in the Wilmington/Leland areas.

Thanks for any info!
John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 06:28 AM

11,258 posts, read 19,796,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italjay View Post
I'm curious if there are any sub divisions/communities that have single family "detached" homes where the exterior of the home (lawn, roof, etc) is covered in an hoa fee, similar to the way condos work? ....
I'm mainly interested in the Wilmington/Leland areas.
I've been told by a resident that some villages of Magnolia Greens are set up to give lawn and exterior maintenance in the village fees. Different villages have different fees, so your best option is to contact Magnolia Greens or a good Realtor to find them.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:16 AM

Thank you for the information!

Old 12-31-2011, 08:28 PM

720 posts, read 1,485,694 times
Rivermist in Dutchman Village, in Southport MAY be set up this way. In reading some of the POA documents, I thought it sounded like a condo-type set-up, but those documents can be confusing.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:01 PM

4 posts, read 11,039 times
All up and down Military Cutoff there are patio home neighborhoods that meet this criteria. They are on the bike path to Wrightsville Beach, and Mayfaire area shopping.

Good luck.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:55 PM

15,079 posts, read 19,024,811 times
One of the newer areas of SJP is this arrangement - Seaview, seacoast or something like that. The additional cost to the standard SJp fees seemed reasonable to us. The homes looked quite nice, but the subdivision is just getting started, so many lots are open and many construction sites to follow.

Westport in Leland is also 100% landscape maintained, I think.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:23 AM

Thanks for the add'l info.

I'm heading to Wilmington tomorrow, for a look around. I'm also going to checkout Leland. Both Brunswick Forest and Waterford are very appealing to me. I'm anxious to see them in person to get an idea of what these communities "feel" like.

Thanks again!

Old 03-05-2012, 05:58 AM

10 posts, read 24,707 times
Look for patio homes, I live in Rivers EDge subdivision, corner of River RD & Independence there are single and patio homes the last ones with HOA around $80 and they take care of the exterior, iis located in WIlmington

Old 03-05-2012, 07:11 AM

15,079 posts, read 19,024,811 times
Also the Ashfield (Ashford?) section in Georgetown is patio homes with exterior maintenance included.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina