U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2012, 07:42 PM

2,618 posts, read 2,931,263 times

Advertisements

alright here's the deal. i'm moving to wilmington, nc in may and need to find somewhere in between myrtle beach, SC and wilmington, NC and still be on the NC side. but as close to Myrtle as i can get, you know what i mean? i am going to be driving to cape fear community college but dont mind 45 mins plus. i'd rather be closer to myrtle beach than wilmington. but it has to be NC not SC. i've been looking at shallotte, bolivia, sunset beach, calabash, tabor city....do any of these places have affordable apartment rentals? like $600 a month or preferably less? i cant find much in the way of apartments in any of these cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 08:20 PM

11,251 posts, read 19,773,666 times
I looked in realtor.com, and found a mobile home is Supply, NC and a couple of apartments in Carolina Beach at $600 or under (although these might be winter only). You might also look on Craigslist for mobile homes. They are the cheapest type of housing in this area. There are not many apartment complexes in the the area between the two towns as it is mostly single-family housing.

Last edited by goldenage1; 01-21-2012 at 08:43 PM..

Old 01-21-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I looked in realtor.com, and found a mobile home is Supply, NC and a couple of apartments in Carolina Beach at $600 or under (although these might be winter only). You might also look on Craigslist for mobile homes. They are the cheapest type of housing in this area. There are not many apartment complexes in the the area between the two towns as it is mostly single-family housing.
well mobile homes would work actually i didnt even think of that. they are for rent though right not to buy? cause i'm only planning on living in NC until december, then i'm moving to myrtle beach. is it very rural there in between wilmington and myrtle? cause i'm going to NEED a job lol. but i suppose i could work and go to school in wilmington if need be.

is there stuff to do in wilmington? i looked at the google streetview and all i can find are houses, i cant find "the strip" that 99% of cities havbe lol. not to mention i'm turning 21 in 6 weeks and would like some bars or something haha

Old 01-22-2012, 05:35 AM

11,251 posts, read 19,773,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
is it very rural there in between wilmington and myrtle? cause i'm going to NEED a job lol. but i suppose i could work and go to school in wilmington if need be.
Well, the strip between Wilmington and Myrtle has a lot of golf/retirement resorts, towns like Leland with strip malls, and lots of stretches of green trees. There would be jobs in the stores, and in the beach areas.

The mobile homes I mentioned are for rent, usually with a year's lease. If you are only renting from May to December, you will have a difficult time. Most places will want a year's lease, or else you will find people want sky-high summer rates. I think the rental picture would be better in Wilmington at places geared for students. I saw studios renting for $425 or so.

There will be plenty to do in Wilmington. The downtown has clubs with music. Frankly I think you will find Wilmington more interesting than Leland or Shallotte.

Last edited by goldenage1; 01-22-2012 at 06:11 AM..

Old 01-22-2012, 10:18 AM

431 posts, read 1,011,640 times
If you're going to be going to CFCC, it just seems silly to live near the SC border. If you're going to be partying, you won't want to travel back and forth to downtown at night. I feel that the areas you're looking at are more for families and not a 21 year old. But that's just my opinion.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:45 PM

well the only reason i'm trying to be near the SC border is because my girlfriend lives in myrtle beach, she's going to college there and SC denied my probation transfer because i wouldnt be moving in with a family member. i have a grandmother in seven lakes, NC, about an hour west of fayetteville. i'm going to move in with her until the summer semester starts at CFCC in wilmington, at which time i'[ll be looking to be as close to SC as possible. i really dont mind driving 45 mins+ to wilmington, i'd much rather be closer to myrtle. but like is said, it has to be on the NC side.

ill look intot he mobile home thing, hopefully someone will maybe be willing to do a 6 month lease, those are fairly common as well...

Old 01-29-2012, 03:21 PM

36,850 posts, read 16,083,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
alright here's the deal. i'm moving to wilmington, nc in may and need to find somewhere in between myrtle beach, SC and wilmington, NC and still be on the NC side. but as close to Myrtle as i can get, you know what i mean? i am going to be driving to cape fear community college but dont mind 45 mins plus. i'd rather be closer to myrtle beach than wilmington. but it has to be NC not SC. i've been looking at shallotte, bolivia, sunset beach, calabash, tabor city....do any of these places have affordable apartment rentals? like $600 a month or preferably less? i cant find much in the way of apartments in any of these cities.
If you want to be close to Myrtle Beach, why not go to the Brunswick CC and live in Calabash?

Old 02-01-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
If you want to be close to Myrtle Beach, why not go to the Brunswick CC and live in Calabash?
apparently cause i didn't do enough research, haha i had no idea that college was there....congratulations sir or madam, you have just formulated my plan

Old 02-02-2012, 09:21 AM

149 posts, read 516,972 times
Check out Brunswick Plantation condos near Calabash. They have monthly efficiency rentals in your price range. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina